Came Home To Fix Things// Merome

Word count: 1207

Song suggestion: from the ground up// Dan+Shay

Ship: Merome

Genre: Heart warming

Summary: Jerome disappeared for eight years, leaving a pregnant Mitch to defend for himself and the child. But Jerome returns to fix things, Will Mitch let him or push him away in a fit of built up anger?
(men can get pregnant in this!)

A long, deep preparing breath slipped past Jerome's lips as he looked at the house with the name 'Aceti-Hughes'  engraved on the side of the single cross shaped white picket fence that was placed next to the cracked stone path, except the 'Aceti' part was scratched and shipped and it looked like a small knife had been dragged over it. Jerome sighed once more, it was slightly shaking and he crossed the street to the house where he and his loving husband had lived, well Mitch still lived there, with his child.
The two had been married for a year and a half when Mitch told Jerome that he as pregnant, at first Jerome was happy but then he began to panic. They were twenty-one years old, they couldn't have a baby and Jerome left, going back to New Jersey to his homophobic parents. Jerome had told them a sick cruel lie, saying he divorced Mitch and turned straight only so he could live with them until he go an apartment, and he did and lived their eight years. Now, Jerome was back in Florida and was coming home to fix all the mess he had caused and actually be a husband and a dad. Jerome was a bit confused why Mitch hadn't called a lawyer or someone to get Jerome to change his mind or pay for child care, but nothing ever happened.

Jerome walked down the path, seeing a skate board, a black and neon green bike and a basketball, he stopped at the black door, cleared his throat, fixed his hair and shirt and knocked on the door. Thirty seconds past when the door opened and Jerome looked down to see a small boy, his hair was thick and urban, his eyes a milky brown like his own and the kid wore a green and white shirt with blue shorts.

"hello,"Jerome said softly, a weak smile playing on his lips as he looked at the boy and he knelt down to his height. "is you dad home?" Jerome asked and the kid smile as he nodded. "yeah, let me go get him!" he cheered and Jerome wanted to cry, but he breathed in a deep breath and straightened himself up as the kid came running back and Jerome saw him. Mitchell Hughes, his tall body walked towards him in a white shirt and black jeans, and when Mitch's brown eyes connected with his, they widened. "Ashton, go back upstairs please." Mitch whispered shakily, the boy looked up at him with concerned eyes. "why, is something wrong dad?" he asked, Mitch swallowed a caught breath and knelt down to Ashton. "no, of course not, just don't come down until I ask you to, okay?" Mitch said quietly and Ashton nodded before sprinting around the corner, Mitch shot up and pulled Jerome inside and slammed the door shut.

"you.... You.... You... "Mitch trailed off and Jerome could hear Mitch's voice escalating into a vicious snarl." Mitch, please-"Jerome was interrupted by Mitch's hiss like yell. "You left me! For eight years. Eight fucking years you left, Jerome!" Mitch growled, Jerome gritted his teeth but his face remained calm and sad and desperate. "Mitch I'm so sorry I left, I truly honestly am." Jerome begged and Mitch shook his head, not believing any of it and Jerome couldn't blame him, Jerome had made the biggest mistake in his life. "no, I'm not listening to this "I'm sorry, I still love you." bullshit! You, my husband, left me with a baby, that turned out to be twins!" Mitch paused and stared deep into his eyes, Jerome's jaw was hanging open and his eyes were wide. The two had made their way into the living while they fought, a black family couch placed in front of a HD television and the wooden floor was just the same and pictures were hung on the wall and placed on furniture. "Twins?" Jerome spoke, almost breathless and Mitch looked up at him with his arms crossed over his heaving chest. "yes, twins. Twin boys, and they-" Mitch trailed off into low sobs, tears trailing down his face as he place his hand on his forehead and Jerome took a step forward. Mitch cleared his throat. "they're so much like you, they say things you would say and do things and, oh god it's endless." Mitch chuckled lowly and Jerome's cheeks pulled his lips into a small sad smile. "it's just... Jerome you broke my heart by leaving like that and I don't give damn why. I always thought that you'd never return and that you had completely decided to leave my life, but here you are, why are you here?" Mitch asked and Jerome smiled widely, he walked to Mitch and slipped Mitch's trembling hands into his and squeezed them, his thumb brushing against the warm skin. "I've came home to fix things." Jerome uttered and the two hesitantly closed the gap between them, creating a long lost kiss.

Jerome's lips were warm and soft, they moved perfectly with his and Mitch unconsciously placed a hand on Jerome's red cheek and he gripped the American's shirt just above his hammering heart with the other. Mitch sighed into the kiss, his worries that were weighing down on his shoulders lifted and disappeared as he felt Jerome's tongue slip into his mouth. He felt hot hands grip his waist and they pulled Mitch into Jerome's body, the two falling into an embrace that both had longed to be in. Hands on cheek, chest and waist, lips caressing lips and body leaning against body.

But the blissful moment was interrupted by a loud laugh and the two parted to see two boys standing in the entry way of the living room, the one from earlier was laughing and another boy was looking between Mitch and Jerome. The other boy was taller, his hair was similar to Ashton's and his eyes were a dark green and a autumn brown, he wore a black hoodie, white jaws shirt and black jeans.

"Dad, is that your boyfriend?"Ashton asked and Mitch chuckled, shaking his head. "no idiot, that's our dad." the unnamed one chuckled and Mitch and Jerome shot shocked glances at each other with funny grins. "how do you know that, Isaac?" Ashton asked and Mitch laughed. "yeah, how do you know Isaac?" he repeated, Isaac raised a brow. "because your both wearing a ring on your wedding finger." Isaac pointed out, the two looked at their 'wedding' finger and realised that Isaac was absolutely correct. "oh, wonder were he got his smarts from?" Jerome asked. "well, it's definitely not from you." Mitch giggled and Jerome slapped his hand on Mitch's chest while he glared playfully at him. Jerome parted from the embrace, walked over to the boys and lifted them both up with his arms, they laughed and screamed childishly, Mitch chuckled and watched with a warm heart as Jerome teased and talked to the twins. Mitch had forgotten about the beautiful side of Jerome, he'd forgotten what a heart Jerome had and what strength and muscle that rippled over over his skin.

Jerome was home , and everything had been fixed.