seven.

To say Astrid was tired was an understatement. For the past several days her grandmother had been pushing her relentlessly with the learning of new spells. Though, she had to admit that she was wonderful teacher, even better than Jasper. Her head ached from the Latin based spells and what their uses were. 

Yet, today her grandmother had given her a break, so Astrid put it to good use and went to the busy city where she used to live. She watched the scenery pass by her as she stared out the window, the misty rain droplets pattering against the glass. 

She felt her excitement rushing through her veins as the bus squealed to a stop in the city, her eyes roaming over the buildings that she had once knew all too well. Thanking the bus driver and putting a few silver coins in his hand, she hopped off the bus, a grin coming to her face as she eyed the building that she knew would be her first destination. 

Briskly walking down the rainy sidewalk, she stepped inside the small building, the smell of coffee and and different pastries drifting out of the doorway. Biting her lip, she stepped towards the counter, her eyes drifting to the chocolate chip scone that sat behind the glass. But, she was stopped short when she heard a squeal of excitement sound from the corner of the cafe, hers and all the other customers heads turning to the person who made the noise. 

"Astrid?! Astrid Steele?!" 

Astrid grinned when she saw the girl who spoke - her once best friend, Lily Anderson, stood next to a table, her mouth open in shock as she held a paper cup of coffee in her hands. Astrid scurried towards the small girl, enveloping her in a hug. "Oh my God," She breathed out as she hug her friend. 

    *:・゚✧ 

The two had sat inside that small cafe  for several hours, talking about life, what they had been up to, and the latest gossip that Astrid's old high school held. And Astrid talked about herself, her mother and how exceptionally small Forks is, and of course, Jasper - though she did leave out the parts about how he was a vampire, she was a witch, and how she had almost gotten herself killed less than 6 months ago by several other vampires. 

"So, he just up and left?" Lily asked, her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as Astrid nodded, her heart aching at the still vivid memory. Lily shook her head, "What a dick move.. But ya know, like I always say, maybe it's for the best you know? Everything happens for a reason." She smiled, Astrid rolling her eyes at the saying Lily always uses whenever anything bad happens. 

Taking a sip of her second coffee she had ordered, her eyes lingered down to her phone that buzzed against the hardwood table, her grandmother's contact picture appearing on the phone screen. Sighing, she grabbed the phone and answered, "Hello?" 

"Astrid! I just spoke to your mother."

"And...?"

"I think you should come home. We have some things we need to discuss, I think."

yo this was so short. I am so so so so sorry that it's been a while since ive updated any of ny fics. Ive been extremely busy, but im out of school now so ill be updating more often. thank you to everyone who has stuck around! i love you all