diary

diary (di-a-ry) noun

a book in which one keeps a daily record of events and experiences
...
My combat boots made a loud clunking noise on the carpeted library floor as I walked around the large building in search of a book about sea urchins. In my biology class, we were all assigned a different sea creature to research. I got the lamest one by far while my best friend, Michael, got the tiger shark. I didn't even know what the fuck a sea urchin was which was pretty sad since I loved the ocean. Michael and I spent most of our free time surfing or jet skiing and we learned tons about the ocean and what lived in it from the owner of a little diner on the pier near where we surf.

I nearly groaned aloud as I I searched another shelf. As I reached the end of this one, however, I found two books on sea urchins. I grabbed them, not noticing the small brown book in between them until it toppled the ground. I picked it up and studied it. It was a brown book made of faux leather with a brown string keeping it closed.

    I made my way to a table with the books and as soon as I sat down, I set the sea urchin books to the side, untying the string and opening the diary

    I made my way to a table with the books and as soon as I sat down, I set the sea urchin books to the side, untying the string and opening the diary. I read the first page of the diary, curiously.

This diary belongs to Luke Robert Hemmings and if you are reading this then whatever.

     I rolled my eyes and flipped to the next page, finding many more words written than on the previous one. I sighed and began reading.

7/16/11
Dear Diary,

    Today was shit. It was my fifteenth birthday and Reggie still made me take customers. It fucking sucked and my ass hurts. The only person who acknowledged my birthday was Esmerelda. She's the one who gave me this diary. I really like Esmerelda. She's nice to me. She always takes care of me after a customer is particularly rough with me or when Reggie or Eddy call me in for a 'meeting'. I don't think I'd survive without her. Not in this place. Well I've gotta go, I have to be asleep by 11:30 otherwise I'll get punished.

-Luke

     I had a large frown on my face and felt great concern for this boy. What was happening to him? Who were these people? Where are his parents? With all of these questions in my head, I closed the diary and quickly left the library, sea urchins could wait.
...
A/n: So this is kind of what the book will be like for the most part. Ashton will slowly learn more and more about Luke through the diary and stuff. I hope you enjoyed. Bye lovelies!:3

-Lannah