3: Wingman

The sky was dark and the moon was bright and full, like a glowing orb of white light watching over the earth, the people and the supernatural. Silvery stars danced up above in the swimming sky of dark blue and made the night aura young and beautiful.

In his bedroom, Scott had just emerged from his bathroom, as plumes of steam, hairspray and deodorant escaped, freshly shaved with a towel hanging around his waist. Pulling on his white t-shirt, he covered his defined abs and again as he put on his Beacon Hills High School maroon lacrosse hooded jumper; the back said MCCALL and underneath his name, 11. He was already running out of time before the party officially began and wasn't in the mood to miss out on all of the action; plus, he didn't want to let the team down in this way. Lifting his wrist to eye-level, his heart quickened in pace as he read the time on his watch - 19:55. Scott spun around and scanned his bedroom for anything he might have missed. Then, as excitement rose in his chest and a wide grin appeared on his face as his mind's eye was filled with Allison. To his surprise, something in his body began to feel strange... Out of curiosity, his gaze dropped to his crotch area and his suspicions were promptly proven true. After calming himself down and gaining control, he sprinted out of his door and grabbed his mum's car keys while exclaiming, "I'm taking your car!". Scott's mother, Melissa McCall, appeared round the corner to see him out saying,

"Alright, stay safe out there. No drugs, d'you hear me?" In response, he flashed her one of his cute "Of course, mum" looks as he dived out the door and into the night. 

Strolling casually yet nervously into the party, Stiles urgently scanned the crowd for his best friend. He noted the spotty teenage faces he came across and would have missed Scott in the sweaty room of adolescents if it weren't for a pair of glowing ruby red eyes staring at him from the back of the room; Scott's of course. Awkwardly, as usual, Stiles stumbled his way past the people in his way until he found his way to the back wall where Scott was stood, arms crossed. As he approached, they both had a physiognomy of relief upon their countenances as if they were both put at ease simply by knowing they wouldn't be venturing into the dimension of romance alone. However, in a way, they would be. "Dude, I'm so glad you came." Scott voiced to Stiles who was against the wall, deeply breathing as he recovered from groping his way through the mass horde.

"Yeah you too, man." he uttered, pulling himself together and straightening his t-shirt. "Do you know if she's here yet?" 

"I don't know but I coul-" Scott's sentence was ended prematurely by one of his team mates, Greenberg.

"Hey, Scott! Nice to see you here. The team's getting a photo taken at the poolside right now." Greenberg said crucially, grabbing Scott's arm and pulling him away from Stiles.

"I'll look for her, Scott!" Stiles called out to him and he replied with a simple thumb up with his free hand. The boys went in their separate, opposite directions.

Strategically weaving himself in and out of clusters of socialising people in search of Allison, Stiles thoughts began to spiral from the surface of his mind as he began to think about what he was going to do and say when he found her. Keep it cool, man. That's what the ladies like. This is your chance to be with her. It's now or never, Stiles, his inner voice told him. Slowly, he turned a corner after what seemed like hours of searching and searching, he felt a body in his path and backed up, ready to apologise and walk on when he looked up at the person and almost fell backwards in amazement. 

"Allison, hey! I was looking for you." he said as casually as he could but the outcome was quite the opposite.

"Stiles! Hi. I was looking for you too," she replied, her eyes wide with a new happiness. A perfectly awkward silence resonated in the air between them, this prompting her to add a key part to what she had just said - "And Scott." she said rolling her eyes at the floor in response to her own blunder and mildly unsubtle implication, causing her to feel her cheeks gradually heat up. "It's kinda warm in here." said Allison, removing her black leather jacket and as a result, revealing her toned arms and red lace skater skirt dress. She looked so different from the tough huntress who has the ability to kill or maim supernatural beings with silver arrows; more cool and stylish. 

"Uh, do you wanna go grab a drink? We could go outside if you want - it's a bit cooler out there." Stiles said, gesturing to the drinks table and the back door of the house that the party was being held in.

"Thanks." Allison mumbled as she took a sip of her drink and sat down next to Stiles on a bench that overlooked Beacon County. The house was at the top of a hill and because of this, for miles and miles all that could be seen were the lights that make the view magical on an evening. They were like tiny fireflies lighting up the county, warming it up with hope, love and all of the things that make life beautiful. Allison looked past the view at the boy sat beside her - his cute button nose, peachy lips, rough, brown hair. He turned his head towards her and smiled.

"It's a beautiful view, isn't it." he calmly spoke, not able to believe he was next to such a gorgeous girl.

"Yeah, it's very beautiful." she beamed,  looking straight at him, admiring his handsome face. 

"You know, I love having somebody that I don't have to be doing anything really exciting with but still have the time of my life." he said softly, his gaze permanently fixed on her.

"Me too. It's lovely to have that sort of connecti-" Allison started yet was interrupted by their best friend Lydia popping her head around the door, her strawberry blonde hair falling perfectly and framing her face.

"Hey, Stiles!"

"'Sup Lydia!" he exclaimed cheerfully, happy to see his friend.

"Allison, your dad wants you home for quarter to eleven, remember? It's half past ten! I'll be waiting in the car." Lydia reported with a sense of urgency.

"I'll be there in a moment, okay!" Allison called out as Lydia disappeared into the building.

With a dull ache of sadness she turned to Stiles and opened her mouth to speak when he reached his hand towards her lips and stopped halfway.

"I know, it's fine. You've gotta go," he said with less light in his eyes as he did before and dropped his hand.

"Um, I'll video call you over the weekend if I find the time..." she replied, as she simultaneously battled with her mind as to whether or not she should do what she felt compelled to. The part of her mind responsible for reasonable thinking had found its Achilles heel and she acted on the compulsion. Her brain was detached from her body as it moved closer to him leaned over and kissed his smooth cheek; immediately, she rose and left. Stiles' head was swimming in a sea of disbelief and longing for more of her. More of her thoughts, more of her voice, more of her touch that had put him in a daze. He stood up from the bench and made a beeline to his Jeep he fondly named Roscoe. Sat in the driver's seat, he texted Scott that he was leaving early and so he did, suppressing his memories of tonight for when he got home, where he could be alone with his thoughts. The only thought going through his head now was I'm the worst damn wingman. The worst.

** Thank you very much for reading this part! Things are going to really start building up now.**

-purefantasies,

Kimberly