Chapter 12

A few months later...

"Why, did you shoot me?" Lizzie's pale figure, stares at me. A gaping hole at the front of her head. She's wearing the same clothes the day she died. I'm in front of her. My wrists are tied. I can't go anywhere. I'm trapped. Confined, in this darkness. "Why did you kill me?!" She yells, walking forward, her blue eyes fills with sadness, anger and emptiness. "You were a threat." I replied, flatly. Knowing fully well, this was all a dream. A horrible nightmare I'll wake up from.

I have nightmares everyday. And each time, it will start with the earliest one. Shane, Lori, Andrea,Jason and the list goes on... but lizzie and mika.. that was the last straw. I knew it was only a matter of time, before that last rope holding back the nightmares break. And each time, i woke up. Perspiring, gasping for air and the feel of the guns cold metal against my hands. But this time i have to fight it. No matter how difficult it was. "I'm dead, because of you! I'm dead!" She yelled, sobbing, blood gushes out of her wound. "Lizzie, stop it." Mika appears, her long blond hair covering her face.

Numerous gaping wounds on her chest where Lizzie had stabbed her. "I didn't want to die! I didn't want to die!" Lizzie yelled, shoving Mika away. "I didn't either!" Mika yelled back. I watch, fear and turmoil, coiling in my stomach. "You were going to come back! I didn't hurt your brain!" Lizzie yelled at Mika.

"But you killed me, Lizzie. The only thing that was going to come back was a monster." Mika sighs. Lizzie stares at her with horror. Out of now where, she pulls out a knife and i screamed. "Lizzie don't!"

Mika turns away, as Lizzie stabs her multiple times, and i couldn't stop it. I just watch as blood spilled everywhere, Mika's blood. As she was killed again. I couldn't stop it. No matter how many times I tried to get my wrists untied.

"No! Mika!" I screamed, as she smile at me and fell backwards, Lizzie's knife still in her chest. She closed her eyes and my vision filled with tears. "Oh, Mika..." I mumbled, still shock. Lizzie stands above her. A sadistic smile on her face. "She'll come back... and then i let her eat you... bit by bit until you turn just like her..." Lizzie smiles and i lost it. My wrists came undone somehow as i charged towards Lizzie, knocking her over.

I grabbed the knife from Mika's chest, blood coated my fingers as i wrap my hands around the handle. Lizzie smiles at me and i bring down the knife on her. Stabbing, and stabbing i kept going. I couldn't stop. She killed Mika. And i couldn't do anything.

Blood splatter all over me as i stabbed, and stabbed. Slowly, the hate filled haze disappeared and i found myself staring at Lizzie's not moving body. A smile on her face. The knife fell out off my hands with a loud clatter. I backed up as fast as i could, shock and horror consuming me.

No... I killed her... I killed her...

I wipe away tears that flow, pain was edging its way to my heart. I couldn't take it. I wanted to die. I couldn't save them... I couldn't save them...

In front of me, i see my family. My dad, Drake... and Kasey. "No! You're not real! You're not real!" I yelled, backing up. They continue walking towards me. A look on their faces like one does to a child. "We.will.never.forgive.you." They said, in sync.

And i screamed, and screamed, and screamed.

I woke up, gasping for air. My heart was going haywire and i couldnt stop shaking. Rubbing my eyes, i tried to remember where i was. And i did. I was safe. Safe at alexandria. Safe at my new home where the group is sleeping around me. I sighed and moved slightly. I was between michonne and Carl who were fast asleep. I couldnt stop shaking. Slowly, i stood up and sidestepped numerous sleeping forms. I was on the way out when i saw Rick. Back to the wall. Sniper on his lap. Fast asleep. He was suppose to be on watch. I guess he needed rest.