Chapter 1: I am Adam Edenson

"How many banks have been bombed?"

"Thirty sir."

"Thirty?! (sigh) How severe is the damage?"

"Twenty-eight of them are completely destroyed, and two are severely damaged."

"Well there goes our economy (sigh)...How many lives were lost?"

"According to our most recent report, around ten-thousand confirmed deaths. There are some survivors, but we are still figuring out how many."

"What the- (sigh)...damn...damn, damn, DAMN!"

"...Would you like to know how much money we-"

"No, SHUT UP!" 

"Yes sir."

December 1st, 2029. It's been around three hours since the Axis Powers hit their first target, JPMorgan Chase, which is the largest bank in the United States located in New York City. Since then, many lives and a lot of money has been lost. But the only thought I have in my head is, "Why me? What have I ever done wrong?" All my life I've worked my ass off to accomplish everything, from becoming the valedictorian of Harvard University's class of 2008 to being elected as the 47th president of the United States of America. Where in life did I mess up so badly that I am being punished like this? I am Adam Edenson, the epitome of success. But now, all that success is breaking apart into failure front of my own eyes. 

"Adam, what is going on? Why are we being attacked?"

"Honey, I don't know. I just don't know."

This is my wife, Eve Gloria Edenson. Eve is a beautiful, compassionate, and brilliant Latin woman with brown, straight hair that complements her light brown skin. She graduated with me back in 2008 as a part of the Harvard University's class of 2008 while majoring in economics. We have been married for thirteen years, and  I'm extremely lucky to have her as I have found her to be my saving grace more often than not.

"Should we call the kids?"

"I can't right now Eve, I have to figure out why the hell this is happening."

"But your kids are family! Are you just going to ignore the fact that they may be in danger as well?"

"SHUT UP! IF YOU'RE SO WORRIED ABOUT THEM, THEN CALL THEM YOURSELF! I HAVE A WHOLE COUNTRY TO TAKE CARE OF!"

"...Calm down."

"(sigh) I'm sorry for yelling at you. Please call the kids."

I have two children, Issac and Rebecca. Rebecca is the older of the two at the age of 19. She's a sophomore at Harvard University, majoring in philosophy. She resembles her mother physically, but has my personality. Sharp, organized, and serious, but still very sociable which allows her to have many friends. She plans to study at Harvard Law School, and hopes to become a justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Issac...is a different story.  

Issac is a savant who is gifted with an exceptional memory and is also a human calculator. At the age of 6, he achieved perfect scores in the math portion of the PSAT, SAT, SAT Subject Tests, and ACT exams. Later, he placed first individually at the prestigious International Mathematics Olympiad all of the three times he competed by receiving perfect scores each time. Now, he's 15 years old and is a third-year graduate student at Massachusetts Institute of Technology's robotics department.Unfortunately, due to his condition he is antisocial and thus is hard to talk to.

"Honey, I've got Rebecca on the phone. She wants to talk to you."

"Alright."

"Dad?"

"Rebecca, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but what about you and mom? Is Issac okay?"

"We're fine, and I'm sure Issac will be fine as well."

"Dad...why is this happening?"

"(sigh) Sweetheart, I really don't know. I'm sorry, but I promise to find out just what's going on soon. Your mother and I are going to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport right now so we can join the two of you at Boston. Call Issac and bring him with you to the Logan International Airport alright?"

"Yes father, I pray for a safe arrival."

"Thank you, I'll see you later."

The moment I hung up, Eve and I arrived at the airport. Inside was a chaos of people scrambling to get international flights. Ten minutes later, just as Eve and I moved past the security checkpoint, all hell broke loose.