Chapter 17

Mark's POV

I'm in complete shock. I think I paralysed myself. How did he snatch the ball that fast?

"Mark! What are you doing?! Up front! Go get the ball!!" I heard someone yelled, I think it was Jackson. I snapped out of my thought and saw Lay dribbling with the ball at fast speed dodging his competitors and finally taking a shot which perfectly landed right in the hoop. Everyone was in complete awe including me. I think Mr. Bate's jaws dropped to the ground, literally. I cannot let this happen. I rushed up to the front as my team mate passed me the ball. Dribbling and doing tricks to get the centre, Lay came up to me. "Pass!!" Jackson yelled. I back pass the ball keeping my eyes locked on Lay. He then rushed after the ball which was tool late as my team already scored a goal.

The whistled blowed and straightaway Lay moved at a fast speed before scoring a goal. It was like he was on his own against us. Well this was very unexpected. Guess I have to get real now. No more playing soft now.

I ran up as my team mates pass the ball to each other. "Pass!" I caught the ball and dribbled back toward their hoop. In a flash, Lay was in front of me trying to get the ball. Putting my free arm in front of me to defend the ball, things become slow motion as we glared into each other's' eyes. Than as I was about to make a long shot, Lay was fast enough to catch my speed, however he went flying across the court. I stopped what I was doing and looked to who bumped into him. Chanyeol was panting hard while putting his hands on his knees. Mr. Bate ran up to Lay to check up on him while we watch from a distance.

I walked up toward them to see Lay in pain although he tried not to show it.

"You alright Lay? Do you feel pain anywhere?" Mr. Bate questioned.

"Nothing sir, I'm fine." Lay muttered brushing it off. A team mate on Lay's side offered Lay a hand, while another came out and complained to Mr. Bate. "That was clearly a foul play sir."

Mr. Bate held his hand up to shush us, "Yep, yep. I know, now...tell me. Who pushed him? Just one minute my eyes were not in the game, and this happened. So, who did this?" His eyes were glancing around the room, but it kept coming back to one person in particular. Chanyeol. Nobody in the room said anything. Mr. Bate sighed, "OK, Chanyeol, did you do this?" Chanyeol shook his head keeping a straight face. "No sir, I didn't." Mr. Bate nodded his head, "Ok...so, someone must have seen it then. Lay?"

Lay looked at me, then back at Mr. Bate. "I believe it was Chanyeol sir." He confessed. The teacher turned back to Chanyeol with a raised eyebrow. A frown was formed on Chanyeol face as he looked disbelief. "Seriously sir, you're going to believe him? He's only saying that because he hates me! I didn't push him! I'm on the same team as him, ask the people in here. I didn't push him, did I?! Tell them guys!" Chanyeol shouted looking around the teams. There were mummers and mumbled of saying Chanyeol didn't do it. The teacher than turned back to Lay, and clearly he was having hard time to believe in the story. Lay had a panic in his eyes, "I'm telling the truth sir. Even if I dislike him, I wouldn't be childish to do this."

"I agree."

People in the room turned their head at my direction, staring at me. And I didn't realise that I was the one who said that.

"Um...Chanyeol push him sir. I saw it. Lay was trying to get the ball from me, but he was bumped hard on the shoulder that sent him across the court." I admitted. I could feel the tension rising up the room and Mr. Bate gestured Chanyeol to come out with him. I looked at Chanyeol to see him looking at me with a hurt expression like I've betrayed him. Actually he looked mad too. The other boys avoided eye contact with me, except for Jackson who nodded at me in understanding. That's right Mark, you're doing the right thing.

Lay looked at me curiously, maybe a bit surprised by my action. After a moment, Mr. Bate came back and we continue the game without Chanyeol. He's probably sent to the office or something.

"Get into position guys!" Mr. Bate shouted.

"This doesn't change anything." Lay said coming to stand in front of me. I smirked, "Don't worry. I won't go easy on you this time. It's game on."

~~~~

There's only 3 minutes left before the game ends. I'm puffing so hard; sweats are getting in my eyes. Looking at the score, it's 102 : 99. Those last periods and rounds were intense. It was mostly me and Lay going up against each other; it was factually like one against one. Well, I'm winning but I cannot keep my guard down. Ha, wish Seulgi can see this. Smirking while thinking of that, I received a weird look from Lay.

"Who's the king now?" I provoked but Lay didn't say anything, just panted. I could tell he's really drained out.

"It's not over yet." Lay breathed out.

"Really? I don't think Seulgi will like it if you lose."

Then he snatched the ball out of my hand in a speed of light and passed it to his teammate. Urgh! I turned back to run after the ball when Jackson blocked the defender and took the ball when it missed the hoop. "Jackson! Pass!" I shouted holding up my hand. With his quick speed, Jackson made some sick moves on his attackers before throwing the ball at me.

Dribbling in fast speed, I was nearly at the hoop when 2 of the other team players blocked my way. Dribbling in one spot, my eyes shift quickly around the court, calculating how I'm going to do this. Jackson was not far off; I can still give it a shot. Quickly, I passed the ball to him and the other rushed to him. I was about to back him up when someone caught my attention walking down the hall. Seulgi. Is she wearing a...dress? so pretty....

"MARK! WATCH OUT!" Someone shouted. I turned my head to the sound but was hit in the face sending me falling down on my back. I felt the wind knocked out of me as I tried to catch my breath. I felt liquid running down my nose, and I don't think it's sweat.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU'RE BLEEDING MARK!" Jackson shrieked rushing to me before rushing to the bench to get tissues I guess. Sure now, everyone gathered around me, even the track and field girls in the oval. Well, the bell just went I guess like 0.5 second ago and students are piling up the hallway. Everyone is curious to what had happened that's why they're all coming here. I look back to the door when I saw Seulgi walked in with a worried expression on her face.

"Here block you nose!" Jackson panicked stuffing my nose up with tissues and even a towel! Geez is he helping or trying to kill me? I hold the tissues in place as I kept my eyes on Seulgi. It looked like she was looking for someone. Then Charlotte stormed her way through the crowds, bending down towards me.

"Hey, Mark oh my god, are you okay?" She sounded very concerned, taking a water bottle out and handing it to me. I managed to muffled a replied, "I'm fine." Looking back at Seulgi, I was stunned by new fresh look. The pain I felt was gone, but then I saw her checking on Lay and wiping the sweats off him. A burning desire was felt in my chest. I kept my attention on them and then my eyes met hers. Only for 5 seconds (yes I counted) then she looked away. I feel very mad now. I think Charlotte might have followed where my gaze was because when I looked back at her, she was eyeing Seulgi and Lay. That's right, she did something to Seulgi didn't she. I pushed myself to stand up, telling Mr. Bate I'm alright and needs to go to the sick bay to rest a bit. I suggested Jackson to take me there although Charlotte insisted she'll do it.

I'm not really in the mood right now. Someone went and grabbed our bags and handed it to us before Jackson lead me toward the door. Walking past Seulgi and Lay, I made a side way glance at her, and the moment our eyes met, everything seems to go in slow motion. Unfortunately Lay called back at her so she turned back. This cause my anger to boiled up again. I don't think this is anger though. Is this the feeling of jealousy?

_________

Hi! So clearly I have no experience in basketball (in fact most sports -_-) whatsoever, so I only described how I see it on T.V and how it's played in school. So don't gang up on me! Lol.

Well then, triple chapters in a day! I'm proud!  (^~^) Hehehe *Shameless author here* 

Let me know if you're confused on anything or want to ask a question. Although I tend to do this after the last chapter...Anyway I hope you enjoy reading this. Lots of dramas is going to happen (I think) so please anticipate!

Annyeong! ^_^