Sneak Peek

Our gazes locked, and my heart stilled. He was so close, I could feel his breath fan across my flushed cheeks. It should have ideally cooled the temperature around here a bit, yet it kick-started my heart making me increasingly aware of the heat that spread through my frozen limbs.

If I could just look away; attempt to tear my eyes away from his mesmerizing ones, I would have a chance. A chance at what? My fuzzy brain refused to function. All it knew was there was a reason why this was not supposed to happen; I was not supposed to let it happen. But here it was, here he was, taking that one step that brought him flush against me.

At that moment, my brain let go, and my heart took over. My rational side shut down in a hurry, making my palms sweaty and eager to touch him. His eyes seemed to drink in my state; his lips began to form a smirk, and his all-knowing look unsettled the butterflies fluttering in my stomach and sent them in a tizzy.

Through the sensual haze, I could barely hear my inner voice do a victory dance and whisper the word 'Kiss'. My eyes widened, lips parted, and he swooped in to give me my first kiss.

************************************************************************************************************

Author's note: My very first attempt at a story, so be gentle with me in your comments :-) and please don't forget to vote.

Trailer of FKBP to the right :)