Chapter 15

"Give a little time to me or burn this out. We'll play hide and seek to turn this around. All I want is the taste that your lips allo-"

I rolled over and slammed my hand down on the snooze button. Ugh. 

It's too early to get up, I thought to myself as I threw on my outfit for the day, a white sweater, black jeans, converses, and beanie. I ran into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and then my hair. I walked back in my room and looked at the time. 

6:55.

I'm gonna be late, I thought as I flew down the stairs and out the door. I ran down the sidewalk as fast as I could, the sound of my feet hitting the ground echoed all around. 

By the time I got to school I was out of breath. I felt around for my phone only to remember I left it laying on my bed. Damn it. 

I sighed and walked through the school entrance and to my locker. 

"Did you hear?" I heard one of the cheerleaders close by say. "One Direction is performing here today!" 

I snapped my head up to face her. 

"What did you say, Alexa?" I asked after I noticed who said it. She turned to face me.

"One Direction is performing here today!" she squealed excitedly and ran off. I grabbed my stuff for piano and slammed my locker door. Yes, I take piano class. Deal with it. 

I get to see Louis perform. 

I wonder if he's going to be one of those guys that pretends he doesn't know you when he's around a crowd of people. No, Louis wouldn't do that. He's too kind. 

I walked into 1st period a second after the bell rang, earning stares from everyone in the classroom.

"I was late by 1 second. Stop staring at me like I murdered someone," I snapped at the class, earning a chuckle from our piano teacher. Everyone cast their glances elsewhere. I quickly made my way to my seat and sat down. Dr. James began telling us what was on the agenda for today's class. 

"Alright, class. Today we are going to be doing nothing in particular. You guys have already completed unit 10, so you can either practice for your upcoming performance assessment, or you can work on things for another class. If you're going to talk, please whisper."

I looked around me and everyone began whispering to one another, most likely catching up on the latest gossip. I face my keyboard and began to play.

I was in the middle of playing Someone Like You- Adele when our principal's voice boomed across the intercom. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, if I could please have your attention. I need all students to report to the auditorium. I will call all grades in order. Seniors, you may be dismissed at this time."

I rose from my seat and headed out the door with 3 other people trailing behind. Piano is a class for all grades, not just one. I made my way down the halls and into the auditorium. I sat in the front row and listened as all of the other students piled in behind and beside me. 

I looked backstage and caught a glimpse of Louis.

***

"So, I'd like to dedicate this next song to someone very special to me," Louis said into the microphone and looked over at me for a brief second. The music started up and they took their places near their mics. 

Liam started off. "People say we shouldn't be together, we're too young to know about forever. But I say they don't know what they're talk-talk-talkin' about."

"Cause this love is only getting stronger, so I don't wanna wait any longer. I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girl," Harry sang. 

"Oh, they don't know about the things we do.

They don't know about the 'I love you's,' but I bet you if they only knew, they would just be jealous of us.

They don't know about the up all night's.

They don't know I've waited all my life just to find a love that feels this right.

Baby, they don't know about, they don't know about us." Zayn sang the chorus. 

They all sing so well. 

"One touch and I was a believer. Every kiss, it gets a little sweeter." Niall sounds so cute. 

Harry followed. "It's getting better, keeps getting better all the time girl."

"Oh, they don't know about the things we do.

They don't know about the 'I love you's,' but I bet you if they only knew, they would just be jealous of us. 

They don't know about the up all night's. 

They don't know I've waited all my life just to find a love that feels this right. 

Baby, they don't know about, they don't know about us." Zayn sang amazingly. 

"They don't know how special you are. They don't know what you've done to my heart. They can say anything they want 'cause they don't know about us." Louis sang, never missing a beat. He stared at me the entire time.

My breath caught in my throat. He's such an amazing singer. 

"They don't know what we do best, it's between me and you, our little secret," Niall sang quietly into the mic.

They all sang the chorus before finishing the song. The whole student body clapped while I just sat there marveling at Louis. He is truly amazing. He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back. 

"Alright, everyone," the principal said into the mic, "please head to 4th period. I hope you all enjoyed today's entertainment."

I was the last to stand.

"Calla Jones, please come backstage," the principal muttered into the mic. I turned around and made my way backstage. I looked around and the principal had already left, leaving me with Louis and the lads. 

"You were incredible!" I told the boys excitedly. They all thanked me and Louis came over to me.

"Did you like the song?" he asked quietly. I shook my head and he frowned.

"No, I didn't like it. I loved it," I said, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled.

"I think you missed," he said leaning closer to me. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him on the lips, earning several "oooh's" from the lads. I pulled back in time to see Louis flip them off, causing them to chuckle.

"Get to class," Louis whispered in my ear. "I'll pick you up after school."

I hugged him and turned away, waving once more before entering the hallways and going to 4th period.