"To be, or Not to be"

This kind of feeling, this kind of blatant and utter frustration. It's what Reina hated the most.

She had to let it out, she had to.

So she did.

A sharp, sudden scream pierced the crisp, cool air. She was glad she chose a place with no people around, as it gave her the solitude she so desperately needed. Her outlets included three things, or people; her favorite brunette, of course, her trumpet, another obvious one, and screaming.

Screaming; likely the least effective way, but it worked when she couldn't play or when she didn't have Kumiko to vent to.

Kumiko

Who knew a singular name could affect her so much?

"I'm sure Shuuichi can relate," those five words were filled with so much venom, so much jealousy, and the way they were delivered could only emphasize that. Unfortunately, the very object of her affection - and source of her frustration - had heard her.

"Reina?"

The voice came from directly behind her; its heavenly sound blessing Reina's ears once again.

She'd much rather prefer to love her trumpet and only her trumpet, but it seems that's not allowed.

"Hmm?" Was the dark-haired girl's response, her body turning and a pained violet gaze rising to meet amber. Kumiko saw right through her act, just as she normally did.

Normally

That word again. It bothers her; no, it frightens her to no end. She couldn't be just another face in the sea of blurred faces.

"Are you okay?" No. "Yes."

Again, she saw through the act. Again.

"What's wrong?" Everything. "Nothing. Why?"

A certain brunette made her way towards Reina. She could see Kumiko's unruly and thick curls bobbing up and down as she walked, even with her eyes blurry.

Blurry? When had her eyes become blurry?

Were these... tears? She wiped her eyes, trying to make sure. No, she couldn't cry in front of Kumiko!

You've done it before.

She couldn't do it again. Wiping the tears away furiously, she did a cheap job of turning away and pretending like she wasn't crying. "Reina," her tone was desperate this time, stopping the shorter girl in her tracks. "What's wrong?" The frantic tone hurt Reina. It physically hurt her to hear the pain in her love's voice, but she couldn't say sorry. Not now. "Why don't you go talk to Shuuichi? I'm sure he'd be so glad to have your company!"

She didn't regret those words, but she was sorry. The startled look turned into one of confusion, then understanding, and finally; agony. "Reina, what about Shuuchi?"

Finally, she snapped. Kumiko never seemed to shatter her restraint, the restraint she always fought so hard to keep. "Your boyfriend, the one who took you away from me. Doesn't he want to see you? Doesn't he?"

Fists clenched, faces grimaced, words flew out in a blurred flurry. "Don't you love him? I think his tongue is missing from your throat."

The words were barely comprehensible, as it came out as a low growl. However, Kumiko understood immediately. "R-Reina... what are you talking about..?" Why did she have to be so goddamn dense?!

Why did Reina have to love that part of her so much? "I love you, Kumiko! You never realized it, though, and you let that bastard take you away," tears fell, creating somewhat of a waterfall cascading down the shorter girl's cheeks.