Chapter Seven

When you're locked up in a dark room there is only three things you can do, one wait forever and have hope that you might be granted freedom, two go crazy and cry yourself to sleep every night, or three plan a way to survive and escape. I went with plan three, of course. At first I did shake the bars and tried to find out what's up, then I started crying because I was lonely and bored, now I'm down right pissed off and plan on taking some action. Since Iris thinks she can lock me in a dark room for the rest of my life, I'm going to show the bitch what happens when you attempt to take away my freedom. See what I've learned about this universe is everything has to have balance. No matter what. Iris is like the most powerful bitch in the universe and tips the balance scale way off. There is just too much power for one person. The only reason she is here right now is because I've awakened some sort of darkness, supernatural creature, whatever inside of me and now I'm going to destroy the universe. Also found out I'm the devil, which makes me like ten times more powerful than Iris. My only thing is I can't fight, I don't know what powers I have, and I'm locked in a dark room. So yeah, I'm going with number three and breaking the fuck out. I only get one meal a day and it comes from this one old creepy guy. He comes in, shoves my tray of food through this slot, and stares at me while I eat the disgusting food. So next time he goes to shove food through the slot, I'm going to sneak attack him and rip his arm off or something. Then I'm going to find some keys on him to unlock the door and bam, freedom.

I sat in the far back corner where you wouldn't be able to see shit on the other side of the wall. I heard the squeaky door open and close. "Come out little girl, come eat your meal for the day." The horse voice rang through the room. I immediately spotted him in the darkness. Oh yeah, I can see clear as hell through the dark if I can focus my senses correctly. Took a lot of tries to finally accomplish it too. I watched as he opened the little slot door and started placing the food there. I leaped at him and reached for his arm. I grabbed the hairy arm with one hand and began digging my nails into the skin. After a couple of screams, I finally realized how much blood covered my

hands. The old creepy guy was crying and shrieking and yelling for me to let go. Problem was, I couldn't let go. Something was inside was enjoying the sound of his screams and the feeling of someone else's blood on my hand. It began scaring me. Let go Ainsley! I continued mentally telling my hand to let go, but instead I tightened my grip. I began swearing up and down that I could feel his bone. Yeah, I was digging my fingers into his arm that deep. He threw some key through the slot and screamed, "There! Let go of me and you can have your freedom! Just please stop!" I grabbed the key and let go of his arm. I unlocked the door to the cell and smirked, "You're going to show me how to get out of here."

I walked down a long dark hall. I approached another door. "How did you get out?" I turned to see a girl sitting in a chair against the wall. "Are you serious? Just scared the guard shitless." She laughed, "Did you seriously think it was that easy?" I shrugged, "Who are you anyway?" As my eyes adjusted to her, I saw her long caramel brown hair, hazel eyes, and light skin. "Names Kristin." My eyes widen. I was in the same place as Kristin Lockwood. The girl who was dating Jace for the longest time. "You were locked in here too. It's everyone's own personal hell. Trust me, it's impossible to get out of world you don't rule." I smirked, "What world does this happen to be?"

"It's a prison in Edolas. Edolas is a world right beside Hell. Ruled by Karissa." I laughed, "Do you know who I am?"

"Not Karissa."

"A very powerful person called the devil." She seemed to not be taking me seriously because she laughed, "Yeah and I'm God." She leaned back, "No weak girl like you could be the devil."

"Want to find out?" She stopped laughed, "Why not." She stood up, "Get us out of here and I'll believe you."

"Okay."

We continued walking down the hall to another door. I kicked down the door and realized it lead to the outside. Come to find out the door was at least seven stories high. "We're going to have to jump."

"A fall like that can kill us."

"Not really."

"Our powers don't work in this place, of course we'll die."

"You can't take away natural powers you were born with." I grabbed her hand and jumped out the door. She screamed and I laughed. We fell seven stories down and I landed it, but not with ease. I had to rotate her in my arms so she wouldn't hit the ground. My legs broke and I fell to the ground. "Damn, you can actually use your powers." I moved my bones back in place so they started to heal. We continued walked through the sand.