Squish

It was early June, school was almost out, and it was very hot. Dean and Cas were sprawled across the couch at Dean's house.

"Awwh! You're so squishy!"

"You shut up."

"Nope." Cas poked his cheeks, "Awwh, you're cheeks are squishy too!" Dean pushed Cas' hands away from his face, and shoved Cas to the other side of the couch, "Dude, stop."

Cas snorted and moved back over to Dean. He poked Dean's bare chest, he mumbled a 'squish' and Dean scoffed. "I am not fat."

"You're not," Cas reassured him, and poked Dean's stomach, "Deenie weenie's just got himself some tummy fat."

"Don't say that word."

"What word?" Cas asked, "Tummy?" Dean frowned, "Yeah. That word."

"Tummy, tummy, tummy." Cas mumbled and tilted his head towards Dean's. "Cas why?" Dean asked, looking down at him.

Cas shooshed him and poked Dean's stomach again, "It's so squishy." He smiled up at Dean and he just sighed, "Can you not?"

"Not what?"

"Touch my body."

"But it's so cute." Cas' hands stopped repeatedly poking Dean's stomach and he mentally cursed himself for saying that. 'That's not what friends say. Whyd you say that?!'

He moved his head forward and rested his forehead on Dean's chest, feeling his heart beat. 'Jesus christ I totally blew it.' Cas then shyly poked his stomach again. "Squishy."

Dean laughed, "You're so weird." Cas squinted his eyes at Dean, then smiled, "Yeah? And you're so squishy I want to squish you until you pop."

"Yeah. That's really weird."

Cas sat back up and ran his hands up Dean's sides, he then leaned into Dean's ear. He could feel Dean's breathing hitch, and he chuckled to himself, "Squishy."

Dean laughed and pushed Cas off of him, who soon started laughing as well.

"With anyone else, that'd be so weird." Cas said in between his laughter. 'It's true,' Cas thought to himself, as Dean was the only one he could be like this around. Weird- not loving. He wasn't loving around Dean. Or towards Dean. 'Oh god,' Cas' laughing ceased completely, 'do I act loving around Dean?'

Dean nodded, "Yeah." Cas froze for a second, but then sighed in relief remembering Dean wasn't answering his question he asked himself, but what he said earlier.

Cas rested his head on Dean's shoulder and relaxed. Dean petted his hair softly, "Jeez, you need to comb this."

'What if I do like Dean like that?!' Cas kept asking himself, and his eyes widened when a new question came to his mind. 'What if Dean doesn't like me like that?!"

His breathing quickened, maybe he was just making a mistake. Maybe this wasn't love he was feeling, just friendship.

This is what he felt here, right? Friendship?

"That isn't something friends do." Cas said, and he shut his eyes tightly. Dean was taken aback by this, but then frowned, "Cas, friends don't touch their other friends stomach."

"Well yeah- but-" Cas stammered, but Dean just kept going.

"They also don't friggin'-" Dean paused to think, "They don't hold hands!"

"That was one time! And it was cold." Cas tried to defend himself, but Dean rolled his eyes and kept petting his hair, "Maybe if I didn't have my head up my ass for so long I would've realized sooner."