My Rainbow

Summary: Phil is colour blind. It's because he forgot how to love. But the only way he can see in colours, is if he finds his soulmate and kisses them.

Genre: Phan AU, Angst and Fluff

Phil's P.O.V
Ugh. It's my birthday today. Apparently, I'm getting a big rainbow cake so says Dan. Even though I'm colour blind, it doesn't mean I can't hear. Still, it's really sweet of him I guess...

Not a lot of people came to the party, just Dan, PJ, Chris and a few other friends. I wasn't in a good mood at all. I started to think that I'll never find my soulmate. I'll never know how to love another person.

After watching Star Wars and eating a few.. a lot of snacks, everyone left so it was just me and Dan. He knew that I was colour blind, but he never knew the reason behind it.

Well, it's a confusing story. It's because I've forgotten how to love. Yeah, I know. Weird. I know everyone knows how to love even if they don't show it. Well, I don't. My mum and my dad love me and I love them back. But I guess that love wasn't strong enough. Not enough for me to see in colour.

I tell Dan that I appreciate him doing all of this for me and for dealing with me and my mood throughout the whole party. He says its fine and it's nothing to worry about, but I still apologize.
It was my birthday and Dan had done all this for me and how do I repay him? By being in a bad mood throughout the whole party. Dan's done so much for me and I never really show that I appreciate it. He probably hates me. I knew he'd hate me after a while. Good one Phil. I just wish I could find my soulmate and kiss them. And then I can finally see in colour.

I leave Dan to go and relax. After all, he needs some space after what he's done. All that he's done for me.

Dan's P.O.V
I was on my laptop when I was distracted. Distracted by what sounded like crying. Phil? Was that him? No it couldn't be Phil, he never cries. It wasn't Phil, was it?

I go to Phil's room to see the door closed. I know I should knock but this is important. I need to see if Phil is actually crying and see what's happened. And I think I have to tell Phil something...

Phil's P.O.V
I.. I was crying.
"I'm never going to find my soulmate. I might as well leave. No one's going to miss me anyway..."

My thoughts were interrupted by Dan. He slowly opened the door and stopped. He stared at me, shocked. Not now Dan...

Dan's P.O.V
I couldn't believe it. My roommate, Phil Lester, was crying. He never cries. Ever. Something must be wrong. But what? Did he see something at the party? Did someone say something to him? Did he do something at the party?

Through all these years I've known Phil, he's never cried. It must be serious. I sit down on his bed, "What's wrong Phil. Please don't cry, just tell me. Please?"

Phil's P.O.V
"...Please?"
I couldn't tell him. I don't want Dan worrying over my petty problems. I've already caused a lot of trouble anyway. And telling him my problem isn't going to help at all.
"Um... I'm.. I'm Sorry Dan. For everything." He told me that I didn't need to apologize. I opened my mouth to explain m but I was silenced. By a pair of lips. Dan's pair of lips.

Dan's P.O.V
There. I did it. I didn't need to explain. But I loved Phil. And I just showed him. I just proved to him that I did. I've probably ruined everything and made whatever his problem was, much bigger. But it's either now, or never.

Phil's P.O.V
I open my eyes after the kiss. And slowly, the shades of grey change. They changed colour? They changed colour!
Surprised, I looked around my room to see all different new colours that I had never seen before. The bright blue and green of my bed sheets, the dark red of my plaid shirt and the dark chocolate brown eyes that belonged to Dan. "Dan! I.. I can see in colour!!"

Dan's P.O.V
I pull away from the kiss and see Phil's eyes slowly open. And slowly see a surprised but happy expression on Phil's face. "Dan! I.. I can see in colour!!"
I... I.. Did I make Phil see in colour? I couldn't believe it. I made Phil see in colour! But why?
Tears started to form in my eyes until there were waterfalls trickling down my face. I hug Phil tightly. I, I think I love him. No. I do love him. I love Phil Lester.

Phil's P.O.V
Dan embraces me in a hug. I feel his tears on my now damp red plaid t-shirt. "I.. I love you Dan." I said, crying with happiness instead of sadness.
"I love you too Phil, so much. So much..."

Phil's P.O.V
Finally, after over 25 years in seeing the entire world in black and white and horrible shades of grey, I could now see in colour. I could now see my beautiful Dan in colour.

I was the pen. Dan was the highlighter. I drew the world and Dan made it brighter.

Dan's P.O.V
I look outside Phil's bedroom window to see a rainbow. It must have been raining while Phil was crying. "Phil, look... It's a rainbow!"

Phil's P.O.V
I look outside the window to see a rainbow. It was the rainbow I had ever seen in colour. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen Dan".

Dan's P.O.V
"You're the most beautiful thing I've seen Phil. I love you". I really love Phil and now that I've told him I feel good. Infact, I feel amazing. Just like my perfect Phil, my amazing Phil.
"I love rainbows".
"Well, you're my rainbow Dan."

(A/N: I hope you liked this story! I loved writing it. This turned out a bit longer than expected but anyways, hope you liked it!)