Acceptance

-Edited-

*Niall's POV*

I heard the door downstairs close and footsteps coming up the stairs. I waited for the person to pass the guest room that I was sharing with Zayn, but to my surprise they stopped outside the door. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I called out from my perch on the bed, flipping through Twitter.

"Oi, hey mate." Louis came in, closing the door behind him. "So umm....I wanted to talk to you..."

"Umm, Louis, we are talking. Like, right now, mate." I smirked as he rolled his eyes at me.

"You know what I meant, stupid," he smirked, shoving my shoulder. I gasped and pretended to fall off of the bed.

"I'VE BEEN SHOT!" I yell, probably to loud, seeing as the voices downstairs stop and I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Louis is laughing the entire time.

The door opens to reveal a worried looking Liam, "Who's been shot?!" He looks around the room startled.

"Nobody, mate. Niall is just being Niall," Louis laughs.

Liam's face grows into a smirk, wait, what?

"Have you told him yet, Louis?" Wait, told me what? What's going on?

"Umm, not yet. I was just getting to it I guess..."he trails off, okay, this isn't normal.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to it..." Liam steps out but I couldn't hear his footsteps walking off, so I assumed he was listening outside the door. So much for being the responsible, Daddy Direction that we all know and love...oh well.

"Umm, so mate, what is it?" I started to get nervous just thinking about the possibilities of what he was going to say next. Was he gonna make sure I never talk to Jamie again? I mean, seriously, I was only joking around, and it's not like I kissed her or anything like that... I mean, sure, I like her and all that, but I haven't tried anything, as far as I can tell...

"Niall, Niall! Are you listening?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Louis waving his hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention.

"Umm, yeah...but could you repeat that once more, just to make sure?" I give him a cheeky grin, trying to lighten the tense atmosphere.

"Okay, here goes nothing...igiveyoupermissiontodatejamie,butdonthurtheroriwillkillyou." He lets this all out in one breath.

"Whoa, mate. Slow down, I didn't understand a word you just said."

"Okay...I give you permission to date Jamie, but don't hurt her or I will kill you..." I just look at him...did I hear him right? He's giving me permission to date his sister? What is going on here?

"Mate, say something. And close your mouth, you'll catch flies." He laughs, but I can tell he's still anxious.

"Ummm...thank you?" I stutter out. Was it really THAT obvious? I mean, yeah, the lads knew, but was it so bad that even Jamie's brother is letting me date her? Something's up with that.

"Seriously, thank you? I give you permission to date my sister who we've both only know for three weeks and you can only say 'thank you?' Whats with that?" He gives me a glare.

"I mean, thank you Louis, you won't regret it?" it came out as more of a question than anything else.

"Much better. But, you can only ask her anytime but now. Its midnight, don't go wake her up." Louis stands up, walking to the door. I just sit there, on the floor, still in shock he agreed...

"Night leprechaun!" He skips out of the room as if nothing happened.

"Night Lou..."

Well this just got real...