Chapter Thirty One : "Baby Daddy"

I know I wouldn't be able to handle the consequences properly, but I have to learn how to live with it. It's my fault she got pregnant , It's my fault that a baby will be born in a world like this. The mission will commence today and I have to make sure that she and her baby will be okay.

 "Hey Ben" I turned around and saw Hal standing behind me. "What do you want?" I asked him and continued on loading my gun with bullets.

 "I just want you to know that despite everything that happened to us. I'll still be here if you need help with .. you know what"

 "I don't need your pity" I said to him.

 "I'm just trying to help"

 "I said I don't need your pity" I told him and then he just sighed and walked out of the tent. I heard him talking to Maggie about me that night Jimmy died and the days that followed. The word "freak" is something that I'm usually associated with and he did mentioned something about me being 'it'.

 I walked out of the tent and saw all the soldiers included in the mission gathering up around the trucks and other vehicles we have. Suddenly, I saw Allison came out of her tent .. carrying a gun which means she's joining the mission.

 "Allison!" I called out and then ran to her.

=================================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "What?" I asked Ben as he ran to me.

 "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he then asked and grabbed the gun away from me , I looked into his eyes and saw something I have never seen before. It's not the Ben Mason I know , the person standing in front of me is someone else.

 "I'm joining the mission" I said and then tried to get it but he pulled it away. "You can't" he then said to me.

 "Why?"

 "Because you're pregnant" he said , I swear there is something wrong with him. "You can't tell me what to do Ben" I said and still tried to grab the gun , but to no avail.

 "You might get hurt"

 "I can take care of myself"

 "No you can't" he said and then grabbed my arm , he's gripping it very tightly. "You're hurting me Ben" I told him but he didn't let go. "Let her go" I heard Maggie told him but he's not listening to her.

 "You are staying here" he said to me.

 "I wanna fight Ben"

 "No you don't"

 "I can take care of myself with or without you. Let me go or you'll never see me again" I told him and he didn't said anything afterwards , he's still holding me.

 "What's going on in here?" Mr. Mason asked as he walked towards us. "Okay fine , do what you want!" Ben shouted and then walked away into the one of the trucks.

 "Are you all right?" Maggie asked and then looked at my arm , it's all swelling due to his strong grip. "I will be" I said and then smiled at her.

 What's going on with Ben?

=======================================================================

 I was only trying to protect her, if that is what she wants then I can't do anything about it. I decided not to go with her during the mission , instead I positioned myself on the other side of the town along with Capt. Weaver.

 Who the hell fights aliens while pregnant?. "On your marks" Captain Weaver said and we all went to our covers. We have to take them down , and then the explosions started. One loud bang after another.

 "Incoming!!" Dai shouted and we all shot at the skitters coming in on our way. One of our soldiers got shot by the Mechs. I grabbed the grenade launcher and fired it at all the incoming Mechs, some of them exploded.

 Several minutes passed and beamers and other ships started flying across the skies , escaping from the city. Our bombs are not strong enough to kill of them but at least we were able to drive them away. "Let's go!!" Captain Weaver ordered and we got back to the trucks and drove back to the camp.

 We only 8 minutes spare before reinforcements come back. We met with the other groups on the entrance of the woods. But Allison's group is not there yet.

 "Where are they?" I asked Dai and looked around.

 "Don't worry Ben" he said and then pointed at the incoming truck. Thank God she's here. "How are you?" I asked her as she got down from the truck. But she just looked at me and didn't said anything , she just walked back to her tent.

================================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 I can't deal with Ben right now , he's so different from the boy I met months ago. Today's the first time he physically hurt me. If he's not ready for the baby then all he has to do is say it. Ben followed me inside the tent and asked me what's wrong.

 "What's wrong?" he asked me.

 "You don't know what's wrong? Everything about you today is wrong" I said and then showed him my bruised arm , parts of it are black due to his grip.

 "I'm sorry"

 "Sorry? so you think sorry's gonna cut it? You are not the person I grew to love with .. leave me alone" I said and then walked out of the tent , leaving him there.

 "Are you all right?" Lourdes asked as soon as I got on to the bus , I think she saw my tears falling. "I don't know" I said an dthen she hugged me really tight. I wish I could help Ben in accepting the fact that I'm pregnant, but if this is what he's gonna do to me ... I don't know how.