Chaper One

Artemis Harper is your average 15 year old girl. She moved from New York to Millbrook, California in a neighbor that she considers "crappy." On her first day of high school, she didn't expect to have a history partner for a project that was due the next. She also didn't expect to witness a crazy event between mother and son. The son, who many know him as Malcolm or Stain, was her partner. She didn't expect to fall for his brother, Reese.

——

Chapter 1 — Humilithon (4x02)

Hal Wilkerson walked outside in his underwear, as usual, he quickly glanced up and couldn't believe his eyes. Hal gasped.

"A moving van!" Hal said as he ran back inside to his wife. "Hey, honey! There's moving van right where the Murphy's use to live. We could start fresh with someone."

Lois, Hal's wife, rolled her eyes and scoffed. "No, Hal, you remember a couple of years back when we tried to start fresh with new neighbors." Hal looked down and shrugged.

"I don't seem to remember."

"Malcolm got called a peeping tom! Reese was bullied by a four year old! And...the wife was evil!"

"Yeah, and the husband was my friend!" Hal shouted with a hint of sadness. Lois frowned at him and sighed.

"Hal, I'm sorry, but no. It's best if we don't bother these new people so we could feel good about someone not hating us." Lois told her husband before turning around to continue washing the dishes before making breakfast. Hal frowned as he turned around to get the kids up. "Hal, don't forget we have to help out at the high school today."

Hal whined to himself before walking off.

~*~*~|~*~*~

"Artemis! Get that box, please." June, Artemis' mother, asked as she wobbled down the hall, towards the kitchen. June was seven months pregnant. The teenage girl nodded as she walked past June and grabbed the box she was asked to get seconds ago.

"School here starts today, you know." Artemis told her mom as she placed the box on the kitchen counter.

"I know. You'll have to miss today. I'll enroll you today but you'll start tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay." Artemis said as she looked around the room. "So, mom, when is dad coming back home from his business trip to china? Does he know we moved already?"

"Yes, Artie, for the seventh time...he knows. Also, your father won't be back until next week. I told you that already." June said to her daughter while grabbing her pots and pans out the packaged box. Artemis sighed and stood there awkwardly. June glanced up at her daughter.

"Artemis?"

"Yeah, mom?"

"Take your things upstairs and unpack. You know, give yourself something to do." June told her. Artie nodded and grabbed her things and walked towards her room.

Artemis sat on the bed that was set up for her and sighed. 'Home Shit Home. This a downgrade from where we were living. Why did you have to follow your dreams of owning your own salon, mom?' Artemis thought to herself. "Well, let me unpack my things before I forget."

~*~*~|~*~*~

'Herkabe? Why do I have him for history and science? His name alone sounds pretty dickish.' Artemis thought as she walked past a sea full of people.

"Hey stain!" She heard someone say to a guy, who looked around him frantically.

"Yo, stain. What's up?"

"Tough break." Artemis whispered to herself. Suddenly, a guy bumped into her. "Hey! Watch it."

"You watch it." The guy, who had spiked hair and blonde tips said. Artie shook her head and made her way to class.