Chapter 12

Thomas could see that Newt was fighting a war in his head. Thomas was starting to regret asking him.

"T-Tommy, I c-can't. I'm sor-sorry" Newt whined as another shot of pain went through his spine. Newt clenched his teeth and gripped onto the sheets.
"Shhhhhh, Newt it's ok" Thomas tried to sooth the boy but the whimpers continued to come.

Newt could feel that the need to satisfy himself again was creeping up on him and he really didn't want Thomas to see that.
"T-Tommy y-you need t-to go" Newt whispered as he continued to grip the sheets. Thomas knew what was happening and stood up as soon as he saw that Newt was struggling under the blankets.
"If you need anything please call out ok?" Thomas whispered and Newt nodded quickly as he walked out the room and closed the door.

A loud, muffled moan came from Newt once again and Thomas slid down the door and sat with his back against it. He leaned his head back as he listened to the smaller boys cries and moans from behind the door. He could hear the bed creaking as Newt moved on top of it as well as the heavy breathing.

Thomas let out a sigh as he regretted asking Newt if he wanted help. Of course he was going to say no, what was Thomas thinking? Thomas felt so stupid.

Little did Thomas know that Newt was deeply regretting not taking Thomas up on his offer, as the day went on Newts needs got stronger and Newts ability to satisfy himself was not enough. It was becoming painful and really uncomfortable for the smaller boy.

When night finally came, Newt could feel the hot flushes starting to come as well as him becoming a lot more emotional. Tears leaked from his eyes as he tried desperately to get some sleep, but too many 'distractions' were preventing him from doing so.

Newt spent majority of the night crying alone whilst Thomas slept in the couch as he assumed that Newt wouldn't want anyone sleeping with him during this.

When the morning came Thomas was woken up by the sounds of Newt groaning and vomiting into the bucket once again. Thomas had gone back into his room yesterday to bring more food and to clean out the bucket but hearing Newt vomiting into it again made him frown. Thomas wondered if the smaller boy had gotten any sleep at all last night, but by the sounds of it, it was most likely a no. Thomas sat up and rubbed his eyes as he remembered that today was when Newts proper heat would start.

He stood up and walked over to the door of his room and pressed his ear against it. He could hear sobs mixed in with whimpers coming from the other side.
"Newt? Newt can I come in?" He asked whilst lightly tapping on the door. He heard Newt shuffle in the bed, followed by a small groan.
"T-Tommy th-that's probably n-not a g-good id-idea" Newts scratchy voice replied but that just made Thomas want to check up on him more.
"Please Newt, let me in" Thomas pleaded.
"O-ok j-just pl-please be q-quick" Newt whispered and Thomas nodded to himself.

He slowly turned the door handle and peeked inside the room.
"Newt?" He whispered and walked inside to the bed. He saw that the bucket was almost full again, but it was mainly just water since Newt was refusing to eat. He looked over to the bed to see that Newt was curled up with only a sheet over him.

His hair was sticking up everywhere and he looked as if he had been crying all night. His ears were pressed down and were hiding within his hair.
"Hey Newt, are you doing ok?" Thomas whispered but Newt sadly frowned in response. Thomas could see that he was fighting the urge to cry.
"It's ok if you want to cry" Thomas whispered and that did it for Newt. He bursted into tears and tried to cover his face with his trembling hands.
"Shhhhh, Newt it's ok I'm here for you" Thomas tried to sooth the crying boy but he was gasping for air through his sobs.