smile!

𝖘𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊!

*    *    *

JESSICA JONES had a very troubled life. She was always the weird kid at school. The one that was picked last for things, the one that scared all the other children away. The loner girl.

It never bothered Little Jessica back then though. She always knew that she was different, and that those kids would never understand why she couldn't fit in. But as she looked back, she also realised she probably could have tried a bit harder at being nice towards them. Like, instead of shoving Lucy Gallagher onto the floor for taking her space on the swing, she could have asked her to move. Even though Lucy was being a bitch (well, as big of a bitch that a four year old could be).

Near the end of the year in the muggle primary school her parents had sent her to, everything changed. She had finally received her Hogwarts letter! She used to prance around the house teasing her younger brother about putting a spell on him to turn him into a parrot or melt his right arm down into gloop. He just ran off screaming every time and she was left there laughing before she was soon told off.

For all the complaining the wizarding world did towards the muggle world, they could be no better at including their own. Jess didn't fit in as much at Hogwarts as she had hoped. House discrimination was rife in the magical school and of course she was a part of the house that was excluded the most.

Year after year, hardship was never far away from Jessica until she was met with her breaking point at the end of fifth year. Finding support in an unlikely ally, Jessica realises that maybe the world isn't just tough on her.

warning! will include explicit language, references to sexual assault, ptsd, suicidal thoughts, substance abuse.

* * *
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙!

anya taylor-joy asyoung jessica jones

anya taylor-joy as
young jessica jones

anya taylor-joy asyoung jessica jones

daniel radcliffe as
harry potter