The Rock Show

The crowd is in a talkative frenzy, the constant buzz of people and their own conversations. Kylo stood near the bottom of the staircase leaning against a graffiti covered wall. His dark curls were in a state of disarray, falling in front of his face. Kylo didn't like going to shows by himself, but he was familiar with the venue, so he felt relatively comfortable. Kylo was standing opposite to the small stage, watching the band bring in their instruments and set up. He thought about his bass guitar and how he needed to put together some extra money to buy new strings.

The band began with a bass riff that sent strong vibrations from the speakers on the edge of the stage. Soon the guitar was joined by the violent clashing of symbols, the drummer putting his full force into playing, and the singer's garbled words, screaming into the microphone. The vibrations practically shook the entire building, the buzz of vibrations coming from the concrete floor below him moved through the soles of his feet and up his legs. The mass of people around Kylo moved in sweeping, fast motions, a sea of people moving as one. Kylo was pushed forward from his spot in the back. Bodies pushed against him from every side, the crowd was alive. Kylo squeezed through bodies, past flailing limbs, to find more room. Someone shoves him forward, he stumbles but balances himself before he falls. Kylo realizes the sudden space around him, no one right next to him. Kylo jumps out of the way of a man swinging his arms wildly, closed fist. Kylo got thrown into to the pit. People are moving recklessly, thrashing limbs in any direction. Elbows connect with stomachs and fists connect with mouths. The dim lighting makes it difficult for Kylo to see what's happening clearly, but he manages to dodge two people ducking down to avoid the flying fists. He turns to move back to the edge of the opening when a fist connected directly with his nose. There is a audible crack like the snap of a pencil. The impact rings through Kylo's face and down to his collar bones. His eyes shutter open to see retracting pale white knuckles. Kylo opens his eyes more to see who the fist belongs to. A man in his early twenties, stood there, eyes wide. Kylo couldn't hear past the ringing in his ears but he could read the man's lips, mouthing out a quick 'oh shit'. Blood was pouring out of Kylo's nose but all he could look at was the light freckles spotted all across the boy's face, like a field of peach coloured flowers across pale skin, skin like the knuckles that were in front of his face seconds ago. The blood is soaking the front of his shirt. The redhead pulls off his jacket and offers it up to Kylo, who quickly presses it to his face, sponging up all the liquid. The boy grabs Kylo's arm and drags him through the mass of jumping bodies, squeezing past shoulders. They make their way out of the crowd and head for the exit. Kylo is guided up the stairs, stumbling on a few of them. He's not paying attention to where he's stepping, only the slender fingers wrapped around his wrist, tugging him up the concrete stairs. They exit out of a heavy iron door and onto the deserted street. Other than a few street lights casting down bright fluorescent beams, it's dark. Kylo guesses it's around nine o'clock. The man lets go of Kylo and walks to the curb.

"Follow me, please," he curtly says before stepping down onto the street looking both ways for nonexistent traffic.

Kylo moves the jacket from his face to speak, but he doesn't get any real words out, only confused sputtering.

"I-I don't know who you are." Kylo wishes he would have said anything other than that but that's the best he can manage with the dizziness.

The redhead whips back around moving quickly before stopping in front of Kylo and extending his arm.

"My name is Brendol Hux, I believe I have broken your nose and I'm going to take you to hospital," Hux's hand was outstretched waiting for a handshake.

Kylo raised up the hand holding the blood drenched jacket and the other hand, covered in partially dried blood. Hux nodded to himself and lowered his hand.