Chapter One ~

[chapter-one]

   Getting through this school's hallways was tough, as if if it wasn't hard enough to come across the country and go to a completely different high school in the middle of the year.

   Students were pushing and rushing to get to their classes but that's hard when everyone is trying to get to their class at the exact moment. Our school puts music on in between classes, right now some song by Lorde was ringing through the halls.

   My shoulders were scraping other people and I was getting uncomfortably hot because this school is too cheap to buy good AC's, and the body heat of other people was radiating off them and onto me, making me unmistakably irritated.

   I struggled to get around a bunch of flirty freshman when I felt a scorching liquid soak into my T-Shirt. I felt myself hiss, it was boiling hot water! My head immediately shot down, towards my stomach. I didn't make a sound, I just stared at my ruined shirt.

   "Oh My God! I cannot believe you just wasted my coffee!" Some annoying voice screeched. I looked up at the chick who did this. She wasn't your stereotypical cheerleader with blonde hair and really short skirt, her hair was black. She was wearing a tank top that was so low it was exposing her bright leopard print bra, and leggings which didn't have underwear lines because she was wearing a bright pink thong. The sides sticking right out, on her hips.

   I felt a rude comment in my throat, I wanted to do something but I just smiled at her, she wouldn't be breathing soon. "Oh i'm so sorry, just buy another one?" I suggested with a wide smile on my face. I could feel my stomach still burning but it was a somewhat sensational feeling, yes, I was a masochist.

   She looked at me and narrowed her eyes, which roamed my body before landing on my face. "Listen here, bitch. I don't know what game your playing at but you better get your ratchet ass away from me." She spoke ghetto too, what a surprise.

   I realized no one in the hall way paying attention, perfect. I swung my fist forward until it connected with her nose. Then, I grabbed her damaged black hair and slammed her against the lockers.

   She tried to push away put every time she did I hurt her even more. By now, she was standing there, weak enough so no dumb comments come out that girl's mouth.  I slowly got my knife from my jeans pocket and put it against her throat. She gulped and I could see she was going to shout but I covered her mouth. Since I was somewhat taller than her, no one could see the knife since I was blocking it with my head.

   "If you ever mess with me again," I pushed the knife deeper onto her throat. "Or even tell anybody what just happened, remember that I will not hesitate to kill you." She vigorously nodded her head. I looked around to see if anyone was watching, thankfully most of the people were in the classrooms. I put the knife in my pocket, at least I wouldn't be in trouble.

 A bald, overweight man come out of no where and looked at me with angry eyes, "Mrs. Gonduelez, and you!" He pointed his chubby finger at me, I raised my eyebrows but I knew better than to argue with him. "Principle's office now!" My heart beat quickened at the thought of him catching me.

   I fought the urge to smile as the students in the halls watched me and the busted up chick walk back to the office. "This is your walk of shame." The principle muttered, shaking his head. Walk of shame? More like the walk of pride.