Christmas

Kensi's POV:

I walk into OPS tired from the case that we just finished. I look across the room and I see my partner adding decorations to the already beautifully decorated room. Right I forgot to mention that it's Christmas Eve today. I hate Christmas, the only thing good about it is the delicious food and treats. Ever since Jack left me I can't help but think that why don't we just skip over Christmas. However unlike me, the rest of the team has plans for tonight and tomorrow . Sam is on his way to picking Aiden from the airport  then Michelle, Kamran, Aiden and him are having Christmas dinner together. Callen is apparently having dinner with Joelle and then going to the annual tree lighting. Deeks is..Deeks... Weirdly I don't know what Deeks is doing for the holidays. It will be something much more better than watching tv , on the couch , in sweats wondering why everyone you love you loose. Well not everyone, I didn't loose Deeks yet but I guess that it doesn't count  since we aren't in a relationship.

" Hey Fern, why don't you give me a hand instead of starring into place?" Deeks said snapping me out of my thoughts . As I look up to go and help him , I see that he has sticky tape all over him and he's clearly struggling to get out. I can't stop the giggle that escapes my lips.

" Need a hand Shaggy?" I ask smirking at his current state.

" Yeah that's what I just asked you so wipe that smirk of your face." he nearly lands on his butt because his paying more attention to me than to where he's  walking. I decide to laugh it off and go to help him before he does the puppy eyes which makes my heart melt at the sight.

" Where do you want this to be?" I ask picking up the banner which says " Merry Xmas" in big, bold witting after helping him escape the sticky tape.

" Right here." he answer stepping on a stool and taking the right corner of the banner. I step on a stool and get the left corner. 

" Ok a little to the left, I said left Kensi! That's right.Ok up. That's right . No not right, up when I said that's right I meant that's correct ." After arguing we finally put the banner up correct . But me being the clumsy self that I am , I trip on my stool causing me to knock Deeks stool resulting me laying on top of him. He groans and I don't know whether it's because I tripped him or because I'm laying on top of him.

" OMG! Deeks I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." I say but I still don't get up. I don't want to ever get up from this position.

" It's fine , are you ok?" he asks as he brushes the hair that fell on my face and brushes his knuckles on my cheek. I can't help myself from leaning onto his hand. It warms my heart that he still cares about my safety and health when he's probably the one who got hurt more than me.

" Kensi have I have told you how beautiful you look?" he asks as he looks deep into my eyes and I don't know what to say or do so I just blush before I can stop myself and smile. However that moment soon ends when both of our phones vibrate. I close my eyes and mentally slap myself.

" No please tell me that's not a case. I mean come on it's Christmas can't the bad guys stop killing for a day and celebrate Christmas?" he asks rolling from under me ( which resulted me on the floor laying on my back) and standing up handing a hand out to help me. I laugh at his words and go to check my phone.  It was nothing important like a case, it was just the usual Christmas Eve wish from my mom. She would text me every year on Christmas Eve a Christmas wish since we reunited after not talking to each other for 15. Although she would text  me  it was never more than a simple wish.

" Aww man, what will I do now." my partner pouted, I guess the text was bad news.

" What's up?" I ask interested how a simple text can change his mood so quickly.