Loosen up,Pearl!

It was Friday night,and pearls week had been downright awful. Her legs are sore,the office she worked at had stuck her with a a huge project that she needed to present by Monday,and of course she hadn't even started,she hasn't eaten all day,she's barely seen her roommates,she needs to pick up groceries,and she doesn't have the time to do that with all of her other responsibilities all piling up! She was losing her mind,she was going to pop a gasket at the pace she's going.

Just when she finally sat down at the kitchen table,disheveled and her head on the table,she heard the door creak open.
"Hello?" Pearl had perked up only slightly to see who was coming her way.
"Hey P,whatcha doin'?"

"Oh,hello amethyst,I just got in,are you off of work for the night? It's rather early."

"Heh,yeah,they let us out early since there was like some rally or something and people started wrecking the place,said it wasn't safe so we needed to leave."

"Oh,that's..awful,are you okay?"

"Pfft,yeah of course,like anyone would mess with me!" Amethyst laughed heartily,"oh,but so there's this concert tonight that me and garnet going to,I know it's last minute but,lapis cancelled and the tickets were pretty pricey so I don't really want to waste them,yknow?"

"Are you asking me to join you all? Or are you letting me know so I can ask someone else in her stead?"

"Uh..I dunno p,I was asking you but,I mean now that you mention it,you could call peri,she could be fun all messed up and at a rock concert,ha ha!"

Garnet rounded the corner into the kitchen,"or,you could go out with us for once,Pearl."

"Oh,well,I..are you sure garnet? I'm not so sure about the safety of these kinds of things.."

"Pearl,trust me,you'll be fine."

"Pfft ha ha! Pearl,she does pro fucking boxing,I really doubt she'll let anything happen! But uh,if you're going with us,please,put something else on before we leave."

Pearl looked down on herself,and saw her light colored pantsuit and blazer. "What's wrong with this? I happen to find it's very tastefully put together!"

"Uh,yeah P,that's the problem. It's like waaaaay too professional. It's an outdoor rock concert,if there were ever a time to lighten up,I gotta tell you it really seems like it would be now."

Pearl nearly guffawed,"buh-but,wait what do I wear?! Surely you don't think I'll wear anything like..like that!" She said,pointing towards amethyst and her ripped up high waisted jeans and crop top.

"And what's wrong with this?! The sales lady told me I look great in it!,lighten up,don't be such a prude,don't be scared to show some ankle sometime!" Amethyst huffed before walking out of the room.

"Ugh..garnet.." Pearl looked over at her guiltily.

"Look,Pearl,I'll help you pick something,but you really need to work on opening yourself up sometimes."

Pearl slumped over in her seat,letting her head hit the table with a thud,"ugh I know,I'm just so stressed! I don't know how to handle myself properly! I-"
"That's enough Pearl,let's get you ready,th'shows in a few hours."

Pearls footsteps dragged all the way to her room,a feeling of oncoming doom over her head.
Melodramatically of course.

Not too long later,pearls about to emerge from her door.
"Garnet are you sure this is appropriate?"

Garnet chuckled,"yes Pearl,you're fine."

"Well..alright.."

Pearl stepped out into the hallway where both of her roommates waited,wearing rolled denim shorts,a ripped tank top that's tucked into her shorts,and plain tan sandals.

"I feel so..silly.." Pearl mumbles,hiding her head in her hands.

"G..really? You couldn't do anything more fun or outrageous?"

Pearl wanted to shrink into a tiny ball,she could not go out dressed like this,what will her coworkers think if she was to be seen?!

"..P. You seriously need to chill. You have literally nothing to worry about,you look like the plainest fucking hipster there ever was."
Amethyst rolled her eyes,and tried to put her hands on pearls shoulder to comfort her in her 'dilemma'.

Amethyst sighed,"Look,let's just go,we have a few things to do before the concert anyway,just chill,you'll be fine dude."

Pearl reluctantly stood,wishing she had decided to call peridot instead.
It's only for one night though,what harm could honestly come from this as long as garnets there?