skipping. [farklesriley]

a/n: idk man this is more of a drabble than anything. i've missed writing on this account so there you have it !! please enjoy. or don't. totally your decision and stuff. - j e a n n e

. . . 

l u c a s 

f r i a r 

It was the way her brown hair cascaded down her shoulders, nearly reaching her lower back from years and years of growing it out. It was the way her chocolate brown eyes lit up with undeniable happiness whenever something good happened to a person she deeply cared about. It was everything about her. They say that when it comes to a relationship, one side is completely whipped. Apparently that was me.

Riley, presumably catching sight of my shameless staring from her peripheral vision, snapped her head up and abruptly fixated her attention upon me. "Is there something wrong?" she questioned innocently, her eyebrows delicately knitting together. 

My head already shaking instinctively, a quiet chuckle escaped my lips. "Of course not," I answered truthfully. "There's just something about you that always has my attention. Some occasions more so than others."

Riley's responding smile was brilliantly bright, lighting up her features as she stood up a bit straighter, giving me a quick peck on the cheek. "You're cute," she complimented simply, grabbing my hand almost reflexively. "But we're supposed to be walking to science class."

I rolled my eyes teasingly, the smell of her filling my senses. The sweet aroma of strawberries and vanilla was somewhat intoxicating, especially with her presence so insanely close to my own. She was going to drive me out of my mind in no time. "It isn't exactly my fault you're so gorgeous," I remarked casually, wrapping a single arm around her waist and recklessly pulling her closer to me. The results from this small little action were one hundred percent inevitable. And I was one hundred percent content with it.

Riley arched an eyebrow now, her fingers intertwining with mine as we began to pick up the pace. We both remained silent for a relatively long moment, basking in each other's presence with Riley most likely over thinking something important to her. She had the habit of doing that quite frequently. While it was certainly something I adored about her, I couldn't help but wish that she would perhaps give herself a break occasionally, and allow her own feelings to take the forefront of her thought process.

"Lucas," she said suddenly, her grip on my hand tightening as we skidded to an abrupt stop. "We're going in the wrong direction. Science class is the other way around and - oh," she cut off, her lips curving into a knowing smile. "You know precisely where we're headed, don't you?"

I plastered an innocent grin on my face, tilting my head to the side as I pretended to seriously consider her question. "Well, we're both teenagers. The hallways are practically vacant already so it isn't like anybody is going to catch us anytime soon. You're my beautiful girlfriend, inside and out, and it's our junior year of high school. So we're kind of supposed to be a little reckless every once in awhile. Where do you believe this is going?"

Riley shot me a warning look. "You answered your own unasked request right there. We're in our junior year of high school. It isn't freshman year anymore, Lucas, we can't just skip class and make out because we're finally a couple."

The smallest hint of a smirk lit up my expression as I carefully guided her towards the janitors closet, which had been a sort of safe haven for the two of us throughout our entire high school experience. In ways more than one. "How come? We can always ask Farkle and Smackle to catch us up, I'm sure they'll understand. They're in a relationship, too, Riles. Not only that, how often do we get to say we were brave and sneaky enough to get away with making out in the janitors closet of our high school?"

"Never, if you like being alive. My dad would kill you," she reminded me in a soft undertone, fleetingly glancing around the almost completely empty hallways. The final warning bell rang shrilly, causing the stereotypical bad boys and bad girls to skitter off to their individual classes. Even they were beginning to take their education a bit more seriously than their leather jackets and My Chemical Romance songs.

I managed a simple shrug, still lightly guiding her towards the closet. Despite her strong protests, she grasped the doorknob, pushing it open and silently closing it behind ourselves. Her attention was focused on me now, her eyebrows still furrowed together in worry. Riley had always been a good girl, and pulling stunts like this pretty much scared the hell out of her.

My lips gently pressed against her forehead, trailing down to her cheek, before shakily brushing against her jawline. "Don't you think you deserve a short little break from thinking?" I murmured quietly, my lips ghosting along her upper neck as her breath hitched obviously in her throat.

She had just opened her mouth to respond when my lips crashed against her, cutting the inevitable protest off before it could even begin to exist. Our lips moved in sync, tongues tangling together as I pressed her against the door, my hands latching onto her waist and pulling her closer to me.

It was between gasps for breath and my lips trailing down her neck once more that she managed to force out a breathless and seemingly rhetorical question.

 "Why are you such a troublemaker?"