Ch. 19

[Dr. Seo's POV]

The night at the hospitals are always quiet and peaceful, for the most part. Today has been calm, thank God, and I've been able to reach out to Zaq Anderson about the two kids' results. Even he was surprised about how they had done, and in return he sent me a secret clip of something I'm not supposed to let anyone else see.

That's what I'm going to do right at this moment.

I open the file up and a black and white clip of two young adults embracing each other are in it.

A note comes with the clip:

Hello, Mr. Seo. It has been nice talking to you. I have read their results and, again, it is helpful to our teams to find a cure. In return for your kindness, I have sent you this clip of them in the game. It was recorded with one of the many cameras set up around the game... please watch it carefully and store it safely after. Let me know if you have any comments.

Best,
Zaq

Of them in the game.

I exit the note and focus on the faces of the two teens. Almost falling out of my chair from utter shock, I press the 'play' button. The faces are too familiar to mistake, each of them having their own little identity. It's real; even their voices are the same.

"Holy shit," I whisper, eyes glued on their old-selves. "It really is them."