16| Everything

Arisu's Pov.

I went to school the following day, walking through the school's building with an I'm-all-right smile on my face.

Yachi-chan is in love with Shouyou-kun, huh? Unbelievable.

I thought, but decided to shrugged it and entered the classroom, then I sat on the usual seat near the window and stare at it.

The sky is cloudy...just like my heart.

I sighed as homeroom started while the class became quiet and went to they're respective seats.

I noticed that the seat beside me was empty, Shouyou-kun was absent this day, that idea made me wonder.

I wonder if he got a cold or something, it's not like him to be absent...

>>Time Skip>>

During the day, it's been so dull without him around...somehow when he's not here, it's so boring.

As usual, I watched the boys play volleyball in the bleachers, watching them play excites me anyways.

"Hey Kisaragi-san, is Hinata absent?" Yachi-chan asked me.

"Yes" I replied.

"Oh I see, so that's why he isn't here...do you know why?" She asked me once again.

"No, sorry...maybe he isn't feeling well? It's not like him to be absent anyways" I replied with a small smile on my lips.

"Your right" She replied.

Now this is akward...

I thought as silence engulfed us, we were seating close but it seem like there is a wall between us.

"Hey Kisaragi-san, do you think Hinata can love me?" She asked as she putted her chin on her knees, while she hugged her legs.

"I-I don't know, maybe?" I said, not quite sure...well, I'm not him, why ask me anyways?

"You know what, I think he likes you" She said, making me blush.

"W-Why do you think so?" I asked.

"When your not around during practice, he always mentioned you to the boys and he seems to be more cheerful when your around" She stated, a hint of sadness in her tone.

"I-I don't think he likes me, we are just close" I interjected.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes" I said.

There's no way he would like me...I mean he knows I'm in love with Tobio-kun...right?

The practice ended quite early this time, then a huge downpour of rain damped the lands.

I hope there is no thunder this time.

I thought as I opened my umbrella, then I saw Tobio-kun walking in the rain with a bag covering his head.

"Tobio-kun!" I yelled which he turned to me, as I run towards him.

"Want to share a umbrella? Your home is not that far from mine" I said as I noticed his cheeks were red, maybe it's because of the cold.

"You don't mind?" He said as I shook my head gently in reply.

I raised up the umbrella to cover the both of us, as we walking in silence.

It's so quiet...why am I so nervous?!

My cheeks are getting flushed by every second passed, making me flustered.

"Hey Arisu, let's stop over there" He said as he pointed at the river bank we went before.

Under that, there is a cement underground that we can set foot without getting soaked so, I didn't mind at all.

Once we reached there, I closed my umbrella as I get my handkerchief and wipe the rain drops from my clothes.

I notice that Tobio-kun hasn't said a word, I looked at where his eyes are glued as my eyes widened.

It was beautiful, the reflection of the river is flowing and shinning.

I didn't knew that a river can be this beautiful...

"Liked it?" He asked turning to me.

"No, I loved it!" I beamed.

The night was so mesmerising even if it was raining, as the silence did it's best to do the mood.

W-Wait...isn't this the best timing to confess?!

I thought, as I remember the scene from Chuunbyou koi ga shitai, where Rikka and Yuuta confess.

I blushed furiously when I thought of that, as I shook my head violently.

This is reality, not made of Fiction! Snap out of it, me.

"Arisu" He suddenly said making me flinched from my spot.

"Yes?" I quickly said.

"Nothing, I just felt like calling your name" He said as my shoulders sank.

I was nervous for nothing...don't scare me like that! It's nerve racking.

We stood there in silence, as I was so nervous right now...not knowing what to say or what to do.

"The river looks beautiful" I said, breaking the silence.

"Well, not as beautiful as you" He mumbled softly making me blush.

W-What? Did I heard that correct? Maybe I was hallucinating...yeah, that's probably it.

"You know, I'm kinda glad your with me" He said as it made me a little bit happy.

"Me too" I admitted.

Now that I have a good look of him, his quite...handsome.

Those raven locks and piercing charcoal eyes, his hair was a little bit soaked by the rain...but despite that,
I adore him, right?

I'm in love with him, right?

Then...why does a part of me yearns for Shouyou-kun?

Why does a part of me saying that I'm in love with Tobio-kun?

It's so confusing...that I don't know what to do myself.

Am I in love with both of them?

That's...no way! I wouldn't do that kind of thing!

I shrugged the thought, thinking it is so pointless to ponder about.

Then I remember what Shouyou-kun would say to be before then...

I noticed that the rain ceased, but I still kept standing.

"Hey Tobio-kun...you really do have everything" I said with a laugh.

His next reply what made me shocked and confused, know what he said?

He turned his head to face me, except his back was still facing the river, his eyes were filled with sorrow.

I felt my heart being crushed by an unknown reason, somehow...he was very sad, yet I don't know the reason.

he was very sad, yet I don't know the reason

"Everything...but your heart"