Prologue

• Dedicated to All Larry believers

Louis Tomlinson has always been the boy that put a smile on everyone's face. He just seemed like a really happy and joyful person and he infected everyone else with his happiness. He grew up in Doncaster, South Yorkshire and was raised by his mum and his step dad Mark, since his parents Johannah and Troy split up when he was younger. Louis has five younger half-sisters Charlotte, Félicité, Daisy, Phoebe and Georgia. Unfortunately his mum and his step dad Mark divorced before two years, but Louis still seems to be the happiest person ever. He just moved to London to study at the University of Arts there. When he is not studying Louis works at a coffee shop to make some extra money. He just bought his own flat and he loves it to give parties, because he simply likes it to be surrounded by many people, or at least that is what he says. The truth is, Louis isn't happy at all. He is sad and depressed and he doesn't even know why. Louis didn't really mind that his parents split up and he didn't mind either that his mum and his step dad divorced. He doesn't have a reason to be sad or depressed, but he still is. Louis tries to hide that behind a fake smile and until now, it worked. Everyone believed that he is a truly happy and joyful person, although he isn't. Louis wants to become an actor and his thespian abilities are excellent, since it takes a lot to convince your mum that you're happy, even though you're not. Louis always infects other people with his 'happiness', but he never wanted to infect them with his sadness and that's the reason he didn't tell his family members about his problems. Things changed when Louis met Harry a few weeks ago. He is such a happy and careless person and Louis forgets about his problems when he's with him. Harry and Louis met at their university. Louis was a bit in a rush and spilled his coffee over Harry, that was really cliché, but Harry caught Louis' attention and he also seemed to be the only person that noticed that Louis wasn't happy. Somehow he just can't act happy when he's with Harry, he can't fake his happiness and he fears that Harry would notice and ditch him, because why would you want to be with a person that's always sad? Actually Harry has already noticed that Louis is always sad and he wants to change that, because he can't stand it to see Louis like that. He just wants to see him happy and smiling, but really smiling, not faking it.