Part 1

You loved your living arrangements.

You had always gotten along with your male friends better than your female ones, and when the opportunity to move in with your three best friends in the whole world (who happened to be guys) presented itself, you unhesitatingly took it. Your family had been a little skeptical of you moving in with three boys, but an afternoon of them hanging out at your parents place with you had soon convinced your parents that they were perfectly suitable to live with.

Two of them, Akaashi and Bokuto, you had been friends with since childhood and you had even gone to high school with them, serving as a manager for the boys volleyball team. They were like your brothers and there wasn't anyone else you felt more comfortable around, except perhaps Kuroo...

Ahhh... Kuroo... You had met him in high school, during one of Fukarodani's training camps, and the four of you had become fast friends. Kuroo easily blended into your close-knit dynamic like he was meant to be there. When you weren't at training camps or school, the four of you would meet up and wander around Tokyo, laughing and exploring.

While you had always treated Kuroo the same as Akaashi and Bokuto, you secretly harbored intense romantic feelings for him. From his looks to the way he smiled and made you laugh, there wasn't anything you disliked about Kuroo. But despite your intense feelings for him, you never acted on them, content to keep your friendship the way it was so as not to ruin it for all four of you...

When the time had come to choose colleges, you and Akaashi hadn't even had to consider your choices because you knew you wanted to attend the same college and Kuroo and Bokuto, who were a year above you.

After your first year of living on campus, Akaashi had told you that he was planning on moving in with the other two, and you had immediately set about begging your parents to let you join them as well.

That was how you ended up where you were this particular Friday night, slumped on the couch with Akaashi and Bokuto, drinking and laughing at bad Syfy movies. Kuroo had an assignment he had to work on, and was therefore holed up in the library, sending the three of you angry snapchats while you sent increasingly intoxicated ones back to him. You all knew he wasn't really mad at you when he sent a picture of him flipping the three of you off, and you laughed as the three of you returned the gesture.

By this point you had already had several beers and you were definitely feeling the effects. Giggling as Bokuto cracked jokes about the current movie you were watching (something about flying sharks terrorizing a city), occasionally snorting at the quiet remarks Akaashi made when he could get a word in.

The three of you were lazing across the rather large couch you had all bought together. You lived in a house rather than an apartment like most students, and you had all agreed to splurge on this monster piece of furniture. It was almost as long as one of the walls in the living room and was as wide as a twin size bed, so it was easy to sprawl out comfortably. You sat comfortably snuggled under Bokuto's arm while Akaashi lay with his head on your stomach.

To anyone else this would seem like your relationship with them was more than just friendly, but that didn't even occur to the three of you. You had been cuddling with these two since you were children, and they were practically family.

"I'm out," groaned Bokuto as he gently shook his beer bottle. "I'm gonna get another, you two need more?" he asked. You chirped out a happy yes and Akaashi grunted an affirmative. Both of you groaned in exasperation as Bokuto extricated himself from the cuddle session, mockingly indignant that he'd actually had the nerve to disturb you.

"And you two call me the baby..." Bokuto sighed, grinning as you stuck your tongue out at him. You giggled as he kissed your cheek in a brotherly way and ruffled your hair.