I love you

•Kiku's POV•

Everytime that [y/n]-chan is around, I feel nervous and shy. It's like I can't stop looking at her perfect face, or her beautiful [h/c] hair... Her voice always seem to be more clear than the others, and her laugh always makes me smile. When she is crying or making a hurt face, my heart squirms in pain. She is the only one who can draw strong emotions like sadness, happiness, embarrassment, sometimes even anger, and... Love, out of me. I'm really not used to it, but it just happens.

I wish I could say these thoughts out loud for her to hear, but where would I find the courage? And what would her reaction be?

We have known each other, and been best friends, for about five years now. It's getting quite hard to ignore my feelings for her.

Everything, absolutely everything, that she does or says is more than enough to get a reaction from me.

Everytime our eyes met, I would feel my cheeks heat up and look away in embarrassment. Everytime she laughs or says something silly, it always made me smile. When she would be sad and/or cry, I would cringe and feel helplessly sad and empty.

Even though I am not so comfortable with body contact, I want to just wrap my arms around her, hold her in my embrace, I want to kiss her, cuddle her. Make her smile.

But that would be impossible, no? She probably didn't return these strong feelings. Why would she look at me that way? There is nothing special about me. She always seem so shine brightly in my eyes, I'm quite dull compared to her.

But I am getting quite frustrated... I need to tell someone who can possibly help me, before I go mad. But who would that be? Yao? No... Feliciano? He is quite good when it comes to love related stuff, but... He's way too loud and open about it... Francis..? No.
Then who? I honestly don't know...

Suddenly a familiar, cheery voice woke me from my thoughts and daydreaming. I blinked and looked at her beautiful, smiling face, cheeks slightly dusted with pink. I let a small smile spread across my face as well.

"Kiku?~ Are you there?" She asked, her voice like music to my ears.

"Ah, h- hai" I answered, slightly flustered.

We were in the park, sitting next to the pond that was in the middle. The sun was about to set. All around the pond small, white, bell like flowers grew. Lily of the valley. Their sweet scent filled the evening air around us.

She giggled lightly, making my heart fill with happiness.

Suddenly she laid down in the lush, soft grass, letting her eyes shut, taking a deep relaxing breath.

The orange light from the sunset made her hair and skin glow. She looked so beautiful and perfect.

•Your POV•

You noticed that your best friend, Kiku, seemed to be in his own little world again, gazing at the pond in front of him. You smiled at his beautiful features and thoughtful expression.

You decided to make contact with him to make sure that he still was alive.

"Kiku?~ Are you there?" You asked with a smile.