Chapter Four: Making Decisions

Taking a deep breath as he stared across the table at his daughter, David took a deep breath trying to wrap his head around everything that he had been told; he couldn't believe someone had messed up so badly. 

This changed everything for Leona and David knew that there was no way that he was going to allow her to deal with this on her own; she was his only child and she deserved the best. 

"Any thoughts on what you wish to do?" David asked, there was so much to consider right now and he needed to know what she was thinking; they would have a couple to deal with soon wanting to try and maybe convince Leona to give them her baby. 

Biting her lip, Leona looked down at her hands as she thought about everything that had happened in the last few weeks; she had put off coming and talking about this for long enough. 

She was four weeks pregnant now and her doctor was pleased with the progress she and her baby were making, it was weird to think that she was truly pregnant right now when she wasn't showing. 

"Do we really need to do this now David?" Christina asked her ex-husband, she had come here to give their daughter support and it was already agreed that they would be suing the woman that had caused all of this; she couldn't be allowed to ruin anymore lives. 

Five other women were also suing her and it made the situation that Leona was in a little easier to stand; there was no chance that the doctor would get away with this. 

Christina was sure that they could wait a little while longer, Leona wasn't that far into her pregnancy and she had all the time she needed to think about what she wanted to do. 

"The sooner the better Christina..." David said wanting his daughter to be prepared, there was every chance that the couple who were meant to be inseminated would expect her to hand over her baby no matter what.

They would use her unsureness to try and convince Leona that it would be best if she was the surrogate and handed over the baby when her pregnancy was over. 

If Leona was sure that she wanted her baby, then David would do everything in his power to make sure that at the end of the day when this was all over that she would be the one that would be taking that baby home from the hospital when he or she was born and that they would be provided for. 

Staring at her ex-husband, Christina prepared to open her mouth knowing that whatever he was thinking about could certainly wait; she didn't want Leona making any rash decisions that she would come to regret.

"I would like to keep the baby," Leona said interrupting her mother, she didn't need her parents fighting right now when they were meant to be focusing on her and bump. 

It felt strange to say those words out loud but it had played on her mind for days now and Leona didn't think she had it in her to do it any other way. 

David and Christina stared at their daughter surprised at her words, they hadn't expected her to have a decision in mind at that moment especially with her still being so early into her pregnancy. 

"Right... I'll start sorting things out for that," David mused a little pleased that she was keeping the baby, he was going to find out who had fathered his grandchild. 

A lot of the women that had been accidentally inseminated had been done so via sperm-donors but what David had heard about Leona's case was different. 

Christina squeezed Leona's hand, she was going to help her daughter in whatever way she needed; it was going to be hard but they were going to make this work.

***

Looking around the medical office where they had been stuck for the last hour, Olalla bounced her knee waiting for news on the woman that was carrying her baby; she was sure that this would all work out. 

The woman that was carrying her baby would be happy to hand it over and act like a surrogate; they would have the perfect family that they had always dreamed about. 

Fernando sat silently next to his fiancée, he had no idea what was going to happen but he doubted things were going to be as straight forward as Olalla was hoping. 

There was no telling what the woman carrying his child was thinking right now, she would have no idea that it was Fernando Torres's baby that she was going to give birth to and he hoped it wouldn't cause them problems. 

The door to the room opened and a doctor stepped inside, it wasn't the one that had caused all this mess and from what Fernando had heard she had been suspended while they sorted this mess out. 

Naya had accidentally inseminated six women, with many more lives ruined because of her mistakes and no one knew how this was going to play out; each woman was reacting differently to the situation that she was in. 

One was fighting to keep the baby to herself, another was going to terminate the pregnancy, another was going to hand the baby over to parents that wanted it. 

There was just no telling what the woman that was carrying his baby was going to do, it scared Fernando and he prayed that Olalla wasn't going to make this situation harder than it needed to be. 

She kept talking about how they would raise the baby but there was a large chance that Olalla would have no say in the child's life. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting," the doctor said offering a smile to the couple, it was a hard time for everyone and it had taken them time to find out which woman was carrying the Torres baby right now.

Olalla smiled at him as he sat down across from them, her knee continued to bounce and she couldn't wait to hear all about the woman; she was hopeful that she would have what she wanted. 

The doctor eyed the couple across from him, he felt sorry for the poor mother of the child especially after hearing Olalla talk during the first part of their meeting. 

She had convinced herself that the baby would just be handed over and Olalla would certainly be in for a big shock if the mother wouldn't let her anywhere near her or the baby. 

Fernando didn't utter a word, his stomach turned and he prayed that this wasn't about to come so sort of nightmare; he had no idea who could be carrying his baby right now. 

Of course, he did have some sort of twisted feeling that his lawyer's daughter was the one; it was too much of a coincidence that she had discovered that she was pregnant when Olalla discovered what had happened. 

It was a nightmare in the making and Fernando was going to be meeting with David in the coming days to making sure his own charges were pressed against the doctor that was behind all of this. 

The doctor opened the file and scanned down the list, he paused at the name of the woman that he wanted; she had moved herself to another clinic after finding herself pregnant and he didn't blame her. 

"Leona Gomez is currently carrying your baby," the doctor revealed wishing that he had more to tell them, he just had minor details for her lawyer so that they would have to go through him if they wished to see her. 

Fernando froze in his chair while Olalla launched into asking questions about Leona, he closed his eyes knowing that this was not going to be easy. 

Her father was his lawyer and Fernando knew that David would side with his daughter over what ever happened now.