Chapter 6: Festival Time

You wear your kimono and wait in front of Nagisa's house. You fiddle with your bow and squirm. You felt like this kimono was a bad decision and coming to Nagisa but, you kept your head held high. You knock on the door, and wait for an answer. "Coming!" you hear Nagisa's voice. He opens the door and you see his face appear in the crack. He seemed shocked an dquickly close the door. Eh?

"Sorry (Y/N)-chan, I didn't know it was you yet!" you hear Nagisa's voice inside the house. Who was he expecting? Nagisa then opens the door and his eyes kind of go wide. "Wow! You look really nice." Nagisa says, his voice wavering a bit. Nagisa wore a white jacket with short jeans. "Th-thanks." you say, hoping he wouldn't see you blushing in the shadows of the sunset. "Who were you expecting by the way?" you question Nagisa. "Oh, my mom. She was suppose to drive us but... She's not here yet." he says. You hear a loud honk and jump.

You blush with embarrassment. "Ah, she's here." Nagisa says, grabbing your wrist and taking you to his mom's car. You enter it and fiddle with the hem of your skirt. "You look very lovely (Y/N)-chan." Nagisa's mom says. "Thank you." you say. "I bet your mom picked it for you?" she asks. You weren't sure how to answer. Say 'yeah' or just say 'no, I chose it myself'. "W-well, I actually wanted to buy this kimono since I was 10, so my mom finally bought it for me." you say with heat running to your cheeks. "Well, you had good eyes when you were younger." Nagisa's mom comliments. You don't say anything but nod.

You notice Nagisa staring at you and you look straight to the right, staring at the people on the sidewalks. You feel really awkward and rub your fingers together and cover your face with your hair. (if you have long hair~) Wait... what if he was look at your chest now since he was probably looking at your face... You panic a bit and look at Nagisa to see him a the last second, turn his head to the left, away from you but outside. You look out that side of the window and glance at the reflection on the window, showing Nagisa's face. You couldn't tell if he was blushing and looked out your window.

You arrive at the entrance where the school festival was. It was a kind of public, school festival and it was pretty crowded. Nagisa grabs your hand and tugs you close to him. "Keep hold of my hand so we don't lose each other." Nagisa says, turning to you with a smile You feel yourself blush and nod. You both walk arround aimlessly and are fascinated with some goods and foods.

"Hey, lets try that game." Nagisa says, pointing with his free hand at a game. It was a shooting game. "Sure." you say, about to take out the wad of cash you had, in your purse, under your kimono. You take out a bill and Nagisa does to. "Let me, please." Nagisa insists and you put your money back, no obligations. Nagisa then picks up the gun and shoots right in the middle of the target all 3 times. "W-well... Please choose your prize." the game holder says. I look at a large, white tiger doll. "How about that tiger?" Nagisa asks and you stop breathing. Was he giving it to you? "Sir, you're going to have to play again and get another 3 shots." the gamer says, picking at his nail and starts tapping his foot. I feel like he was going to make the game rigged.

"Let me do it." you say, paying up and smiling at Nagisa. You aim and fire, pulling the trigger slowly, then push down hard. You hit the bullseye. You do that same thing except rapidly shoot the last two, hitting the bullseye. "Yeah!" you say, high fiving Nagisa and blush. The game clerk sighs and takes down the tiger and hands it to Nagisa. "Here," Nagisa says, handing the doll towards you as you leave the stand, "No, you keep it." you say. Nagisa seemed flustered. "Please, I'm not into dolls." he says with a nervous laugh. "Okay then..." you say slowly and take the doll and squeeze it tightly. Nagisa touched this, won this, and gave it to me! With my help.

You both continue doing games and get yourselves a snack. You both get some Dango, (A type of japanese food. It is popular which are rice dumplings, stacked onto a stick and covered with a sweet topping)