Chapter 5 ☽

Chapter 5☽

Kamari ☽

"Who was that fine boy over here earlier?" Candace asked playing in her long black hair.

I rolled my eyes at her as she laid on my bed like she owned it.

"One of my classmates. We were working on a project for English class." I replied back to her.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" She said with a smile on her face.

"Why? He wouldn't wanna date some little freshman..." I teased with a grin on my face.

"So he wouldn't wanna date your fat ass either..." She stated making me shake my head.

"I have a better chance then you do and besides I'm not even interested in him." I told her.

"He wouldn't want to date someone ten times his size anyways." She retorted before walking out of my room.

I sighed and shook my head.

She's always talking about how fat I am like I don't have more to offer. I have a great personality, I'm actually pretty, I have a great heart, and I'm a good person. If people would just look past my body weight they could actually know the real me which is a good person.

Suddenly my phone started ringing so I picked it up.

"Hello?" I answered the phone because I didn't look at the caller ID.

"What are you up to chick?" Chanel asked making me smile.

Chanel's the only friend I have so I always look forward to talking to her.

"Nothing dealing with my bratty ass cousin." I replied back to her.

"Candace?" She asked.

I nodded my head like I could see her.

"Yeah, I can't wait until she leave." I told her with a sigh.

"Well since you probably want to get out of the house anyways do you want to come over and watch some movies? I'll also order some pizza or something." She asked me.

"Sure, anything to get out of this house." I mentioned getting up from my bed to go find some clothes.

"Okay I'm gonna come and pick you up." She stated.

"Okay, see you when you get here." I replied back to her.

"Bye." She said before hanging up the phone.

As soon as she hung up the phone I went to find a comfy outfit to wear since we're only gonna be chilling at her house and then I got in the shower. After I got out the shower I got dressed and was ready around the time she pulled up to my house.

I gave her a hug once I got into her car and she pulled off.

"I have to make a quick stop." Chanel said turning towards me.

I nodded my head. "Alright, where?" I asked her.

"At a mutual friend's house." She replied back quickly.

I rolled my eyes.

I hate when she doesn't tell me things.

After a couple of minutes of watching her drive she pulled up to a large house making my mouth drop.

"Who lives here?" I asked her as she sent a text to whoever.

"You'll see." She mumbled making me glare at her.

This better not be one of the creepy guys she always tries to set me up with. I'm comfortable being alone. People think just because you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend you're lonely or can't get one but really I choose to be alone.

After a couple of seconds the front door opened to reveal Jason smiling.

I shook my head.

"You just had to invite him didn't you." I mumbled rolling my eyes for the third time today.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would say no." She replied back to me.

"Whatever." I said before he got into the car.

"Wassup ladies." He greeted us.

"Hey Jason." Chanel said back to him.

I just remained silent.

I thought this was just gonna be just a girl's thing and she just had to invite him. I only tolerate him because I have to do a project with him.

I could feel Jason's eyes on me as Chanel started the car and pulled off heading towards her house.

***

When we arrived at Chanel's house I was the first one out of the car and by the door.

Chanel's house isn't that big but it isn't small either. It's a regular normal sized home. Her and Her sister along with her parents are the only ones she live with.

I couldn't help but to look at Jason to see him already staring at me.

I quickly looked away and looked at Chanel trying to open the door.

"I got it." Jason butted in grabbing the key from her hand.

He put the key into the lock and shook it a little and it opened up.

"Stupid key never works." Chanel mumbled walking in as Jason held the door open for us.

As I walked through the door Jason gently touched my wrist making me look at him.

"Are you alright?" He questioned with an adorable look on his face.

I nodded my head. "Just fine."

Jason and I both followed behind Chanel as we made our way to the kitchen so we could get some snacks.

"I actually brought some food with me." He mentioned holding up a plastic bag which I didn't even realize he was carrying.

He opened it up and emptied it.

It contained about three Styrofoam containers filled with food.

"Chanel, I picked up some seafood for you." He said passing it over to her.

"Thanks, Jason." She said with the biggest smile on her face.

She loves her some seafood.

"Kamari, I bought you a taco salad but instead of using regular chips they're hot cheetos. I know how much you love hot cheetos." He stated grabbing a fork and coming over to me.

"How did you know?" I asked him with my eyebrows raised.

"Remember when I use to take your bag of hot cheetos freshman year...well that's how I know." He explained to me.

He opened the container and dug up a lot of the food with the fork before holding it up to my mouth.

"Here, try some." He said motioning for me to eat it.

I nodded my head and put the food into my mouth.

My mouth was met with a steamy satisfaction from the food.

"This is really good." I mumbled trying to wipe the food from the corners of my mouth.

"I knew you would like it." He said grabbing a napkin and wiping my face off for me.

This isn't the Jason I know. A couple of years ago he wouldn't have dared spent his money on me to buy food or let alone be this close to me.

I have a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is going on..

__________________________

Jason in the mm. 😍😘

What do you guys think?

Comment below

Vote please

follow also

Xoxo - Msfanfictional👑❣