It's A Love Story?

~Taylor POV~ 

When I come to, the first thing that comes to mind is tonight's show. I quickly sit up and demand the time. "It's 2:30, my Queen," Grant replies. I smile when I notice that he isn’t acting weird. He either loves me too or doesn’t remember what happened last night. Or, it could be something else. I’ve known Grant for years, but still, I can’t always figure out what exactly is on his mind.

"2:31 to be exact," Ed says with a stare at Grant. "Then why are we still here, guys?" I ask, "They're waiting for us at sound check.” I guess I’ll just be fashionably late today. Like always

I grab Ed and Grant by the hand and start for the stadium.

"Wait, Tay, I need to grab something from the bus," Ed says and breaks free from my grip. Now it’s just me standing there alone with Grant. And it looks like we’re holding hands. Great. I want to let go of his hand, but I feel so safe with him so I don’t. I dare sneak a glance at him and notice that he’s staring right at me.

"Um..” he starts.

I look into his eyes waiting for him to continue.

“I love you, Taylor,” Grant  blurts out quickly and turns away as his cheeks begin to redden.

"What?" I struggle to remain conscious, "I love you too, but only because you are one of my best friends," I try to explain, but know that my words prove nothing. 

Without warning, I turn around and his him. He kisses back. "Or maybe not," I blush.  

"Wow. I never saw that coming," Grant disappears into his bus and I am left standing alone and in a daze. What did all this mean?

Meanwhile, I see Ed approaching in my direction, "What are you waiting for, Tay?" he grabs my hand and drags me towards the arena. 

"Taylor, there is something," Ed starts whispering in my ear as we walk to my dressing room. I notice a serious tone in his voice.  

"There is something you need to know about Grant." 

"So, here's where my lovebirds are!" mom interrupts us cheerfully, "Hurry or you'll be late for sound check!" 

"Mom, we are JUST FRIENDS," I tell her, "Nothing more." 

"We'll see about that!" she smirks and hurries off to find the others. 

Ed leaves for his dressing room and I am alone once again. 

What do I need to know about Grant? Is it that I can't love him since he's six years older? I don't know. But I do know that no one will be able to change my mind about him. Not even whatever Ed was planning to tell me. 

I go outside to get some fresh air and realize that it has started to drizzle. I want to grab Grant and dance around just like the old times, but I know that I can’t bring the past back, no matter what I try to do.

"God, please don't disappoint these people," I pray as the falling raindrops start to grow in size.

"Taylor!" I see Grant running towards me, "Taylor, I have something important to tell you," he lowers his voice, "It's about Ed." 

"What shall the secret song be tonight?" Grant randomly changes the topic and I wonder why until I see Amos approaching. 

"You should do one of your unreleased ones!" Amos joins the conversation. 

"Yes! Like, for example, In the Pouring Rain. That's a fitting song for tonight's show!" Grant agrees. 

"No, not tonight," I object. "There's already too much going on in my life," I say with a quick glance at Grant.  I turn away before his eyes meet mine.