Originality

Don't kill the originality of your story

I read some stories here and there, mostly on WP, and I notice that many of them start with a unique idea, an uncommon context, or wierd characters. Like being kidnapped or finding yourself in a new island without access to the outside world, or being held in a dungeon, etc. etc.

The problem is that after a few chapters, the characters behave like any normal teenager. Their day is just waking up, peeing, eating, taking a nap, eating, and then sleeping again. With two lines of flirting in between.

That is NOT a day! During a day, many things happen. As an author, you're not obliged to describe every single detail, but do not belittle the passing time either. And you MUST stick to the ambiance of your original idea. For instane, if the hero is, let's say, kidnapped y a wereworlves that he didn't even know existed, and he's in a heated conversation trying to convince the 'monsters' to let him go. So he can't stop arguing suddenly and become happy just because it's time to watch his favorite series on tv -_- My guess is that it was meant to be funny, but it hurts the plot a lot and makes the fans wonder about the sanity of the hero.

--> Comedy MUST be logical as well. Only then it will be really funny

Bisous <3