Part 14

“You have a brother?” Lily asks; shocked.

“Yes, Jackson, his name is Jackson,”

“Who else knows this?”

“Kate knows, she is the only one though,”

“How?”

“He didn't want to come with us to Argentina, so we left him at home. What a surprise he must of got when he realised we were all dead,”

“When was the last time you visited him?”

“About a month after everyone was killed. He was happy to see me, but also terrified at first because he thought I was dead as well,”

“Well, he should be happy to see you again,”

There’s a knock at the door and I get up and open it.

“Rory,” Amy shouts.

“Oh hey Amy, Meera on her mission?” she nods.

“Ah, Rory?” Lily looks at me weirdly.

“This is Meera’s daughter Amy, Amy this is Lily,”

After a brief introduction Lily and Amy start talking about something, I zone out and lie on my bed, still exhausted. There is still a small amount of pain in my waist, but the worst of it has subsided. I pull out the electronic chess set Amy gave me and begin playing. The computer is harder than regular opponents, it makes fewer mistakes. After a game I look over at Lily and Amy, they are still talking. How can they talk for that long? Well since they are still talking might as well play again. Select difficulty, hard. Easy is too easy and medium is just plain meh. (Meh is a word). Half an hour later the victory screen appears and the door opens. Meera steps into my room and Amy runs up to her. She sees Lily and leaves. Well someone is not happy. After Meera leaves, Lily stands up and says goodbye, finally I can get some sleep. 

An alarm goes off and it wakes me. Why did I set that thing again? I groggily raise my head and get off my bed. I change into a new shirt, another black one, and I put on a pair of grey pants. I take my sword off the wall and sling it over my back. I carry a weapon at all times; never know when you might need it. I exit my room, locking it behind me, and head towards the cafeteria. It's an uneventful walk to the cafeteria. What am I expecting to happen? I smile at the thought and walk into the large room. I see most of the people wearing light blue, newbie’s. I grab some food and I sit at an empty table. As I start eating I realise how bored I am. Just as I think that another fight breaks out. This is going to be good. Another crowd has formed around the fight and I push my way to the front.

“Shouldn’t you break this up?” the newbie next to me asks.

“Well, I should, but where’s the fun in that?” he smiles and turns back to the fight.

Another minute passes and the fight gets more ruthless. Both of them are bleeding from their faces and I'm sure they have a bone broken somewhere. I watch intently, wanting to know who wins, then something catches my eye, a glint of steel from a fighter’s hand. As he brings up his hand I bring down my sword, my movement is so quick and fluid he no one notices until the knife and a couple of fingers drop to the ground.

The newbie screams out in pain, clutching his hand and I wipe my sword with a napkin on a nearby table. Everyone is looking from me to the newbie.

“That is not fair play,” I say to the newbie as I sheath my now cleaned sword.

A couple of Agents, wearing black, rush into the cafeteria. They let me pass and go to tend to the newbie on the ground. As I walking through the halls a messenger approaches me and hands me a piece of paper. Damn it, I have to do a weapons demonstration, at least it will be easy. I turn around and head towards the armoury. I reach the armoury a few minutes later. The room is already full of newbies. I notice a few from the cafeteria; they are the ones looking at me with shock. I don't mess around and now they know it.