Back home.

"Ready to head into the unknown?" Dipper Pines said, smiling at his twin sister as they entered the bus ride home from the place they shared so many summer memories.

I'm saying goodbye to the skyline. Hello to the sweet pines.

"Nope." Mabel Pines smiled back and sighed. "Let's do it." She mumbled as they boarded the bus.

Gonna see you later streetlight.
I'm headed back to tree lines.

The bus door shut behind them and they sat down, looking out the window at the people who had been there with them the entire summer. It had been a pretty amazing summer after all, and couldn't have been amazing without them.

To free time and starry nights.
To bonfires and fireflies.

"Bye! Bye!" The family shouted to each other as the bus drove away. Soon there was nothing left to see but a faint shadow of the town.

Pack your bags it's time go.
Cause we've got brighter lights back home.

After about 10 minutes on the bus, Mabel had fell asleep and left Dipper looking out the window at the trees as the bus drove.

I've got aching feet.
From walking over miles of concrete and I can't wait to dream.
But the city, you know she won't go to sleep.

Dipper tried to remember everything that happened that summer. When Stan had taken them fishing at the beginning of the summer. The fair when he had time traveled a couple times just to try to get Wendy to like him back.

So I'm saying goodbye to the skyline.
Hello to the sweet pines.
Gonna see you later streetlight.
I'm headed back to tree line.

About the Summerween they all spent together. Heck, they hadn't even known about Summerween before going there.
And then there was the incident with Gideon and when they first met Bill. Dipper couldn't believe how such a small triangle could call an apocalypse that big.

To free time and starry nights.
To bonfires and fireflies.
Back your bags it's time to go.
Cause we've got brighter lights back home.

The party they had after defeating Gideon and the zombie incident he had caused. Then came the most devastating memory. The bunker accident and how he accidentally confessed his love to his fifteen year old pal, Wendy Corduroy. She had taken it well though. He thought she would've laughed or even be creeped out. But she had just told him that it was okay, and that even though they couldn't date because she was too old and it would be a little awkward, they could still be friends and get through the awkwardness together.

Cause we got brighter lights....back home there's a girl named Mary Lou. A diner off the highway with a corner booth, and every gravel road is a trip down memory lane.

When he and Mabel discovered that their Grunkle Stan had a brother that was trapped in a portal for 30 years. They got to know him and eventually called him either Great Uncle Ford or Grunkle Ford.

Back home, where the corn grows ten feet tall. Every year's measured on the pantry wall. The willow trees are waving 'til we come back home again...

About the rift they had to protect so Bill couldn't get into their world. About Mabel taking the wrong backpack and giving the rift to Bill, who pretended to be Blendin Blandin to get it. About how they had to go into Mabel's bubble and save her from Bill. About just that past day and how they had defeated Bill for the last time.

So I'm saying goodbye to the skyline.
Hello to the sweet pines.
Gonna see you later street lights.
I'm headed back to tree lines.

Dipper yawned. It had been a long day for the two mystery twins. He looked over at his sister, who was peacefully sleeping on his shoulder, her pig in her hands.

To  free time and starry nights.
To bonfires and fireflies.

He smiled and laid his head on the window slowly closing his eyes and letting sleep take over.

Pack your bags it's time to go....

As the bus finally stopped at the final location, the sign right outside the window read a perfect Welcome to Piedmont....

Cause we've got brighter lights back home....

The end.

Hey guys! I hope you like this story! To be honest, I actually had tears in my eyes while writing this. But, I'd still like to know what you guys would like me to do with my Star Vs the Forces of Evil fanfic called 'Excused'. Comment if you'd like me to make it into a full chapter fanfic instead of just a oneshot. Thanks!

~Starcofallers.