The End Of An Era

Dean Pov

it's been nearly 3 years since Sammy died. It was supposed to be a routine hunt but I suppose we where older then we used to be, we should of kicked it down a notch but that would fell to much like giving up like we where letting them win. Its been a little lonely living on the road especially since Cas went MIA a few years back. but after Sammy died I just couldn't face the bunker and all the memories of Sam, Kevin, Charlie, Bobby and every one else I had lost along the way, the gilt was eating me up. But I dealt with it the only way I knew how, I drank.

But two years ago while I was visiting Jody, Alex and Claire for the "reunion" they have a couple of times a year because the girls had moved on to bigger and better things then Sioux falls. I turned up on there doorstep they took one look at me and took me in, sobered me up and Claire gave me a talking to like you wouldn't believe I can still hear some of it " DEAN WINCHESTER HOW DARE YOU TURN UP HERE DRUNK" "I miss him to HELL WE ALL MISS HIM but that's no excuse" and my personal favorite "this is like the 12th time he has died for gods sake GROW THE HELL UP"

But that's just Claire and she has grown into a strong independent woman that you cant say no to in fear of being hit In the face With a chair and Alex god Alex reminds me of a young Sammy, wanting absolutely nothing to do with the "supernatural" that girl just wants to forget her past and get through collage and live her apple pie life. 

As look out the window of my baby to see the empty fields of South Dakota and I do something I haven't done in a long time, i pray out loud to my feathery friend Castile.

"I hope that I am doing the right thing here, by handing the girl I would protect as if she where my own the keys to my baby. Sure I don't exactly need her what with going in to a Bobby style retirement. I'm probably just being over protective but on the other hand I wont worry to much, as lets be honest if anything happened to her, you will come back from where ever the hell you are right now and kick my ass, then she will kick yours trying to baby her. But this is the life she wanted and this way I can help the next lot of hunters carry the torch. But tell you what Cas I will give her a little something to get her started"   I say directing my speech at the little used passenger seat and the reason I'm giving up my baby in the first place I mean what's the point of having a passenger seat if I have nobody to ride shotgun.

But this is it this is my final few minutes in baby we had a good run lots of memories, from Sammy stuffing army men in the ashtray to when Bela had her towed, teaching Sam how to work on cars to when Sam got turned into baby by Gabriel.

But this is it on this old dirt track next to a few empty fields. im handing over not just the keys to baby but to the bunker and a little something extra to help out the next generation of hunter. I sure as hell hope they dont have to put up with as much shit as I did.