Chapter 2

To be honest, I’m not sure what to think. Two of my roommates are gay for each other, and the last is a cocky bastard. I might just request another dorm.

“Justin Matthews!” Mr. Stone exclaimed from the front of room. I popped out of my daydream and began paying attention. “Who was the twenty second president of the United States?” I rolled my eyes dramatically and recalled my knowledge.

“Grover Cleveland.” I replied flatly.

He nodded in acceptance and turned back to the whiteboard, continuing to drone on about the American Revolution. Soon after the bell rang, I collected my things and hurried out of the door to the cafeteria. Suddenly, I was slammed up against a locker and I heard a deep snicker. I turned to see a boy with brown hair that sat just below his ears smirking at me.

“Give me your phone.”  I was horrified, I’d never met a bully, but it was sure what I’d imagined they were like. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my phone. Before I could take it out, Quinn pushed the guy and he sped down the hallway in a different direction. He turned to me with anger dripping from his beautiful sea-green eyes.

“Are you okay?” I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, and nodded.  

“Okay. Did you want to come to lunch or not silly?” He giggled and pulled me in the direction of the cafeteria. He then pushed open the doors and I scanned the large collection of tables. I spotted Austin and Michael at a table and we sat with them.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” I heard Austin’s voice over the loud chit chat from the other students. Quinn sighed at looked at him.

“Nothing. Will’s being an ass again.” Austin’s eyebrows furrowed and he tilted his head slightly.

“To who?” Quinn pointed a thumb at me dramatically and I sighed myself.  Michael looked at me sympathetically.

“Just ignore him bud, he’s like this to all freshies.” Austin huffed and I smiled softly at him. I didn’t feel like eating so I just listened to all of them chat with each other.

“Oh. My. God.” Austin gushed, “Did you see what Simon was wearing today?” Michael rolled his eyes slightly as we all listened to Austin ramble. “It was these super cute blue sneakers. Oh my god I need them!”

“You need everything, Austin.” Quinn stuck his tongue out and Austin crossed his arms.

“But…but…but!”

“No buts!” Quinn giggled and then we all laughed along. Then he turned to me.

“So what do you have after lunch?” I shrugged and pucked my schedule from a binder.  I realized I had three free periods.

“Nothing, apparently.” I replied and he nodded.

“You can just head back to the dorm then. We’ll be back after eighth period.” I nodded and Austin giggled again.

“What?” I questioned and he giggled even more, his blue eyes brightening with every giggle.

“Nothing…nothing.” He shot a look at Quinn, then back at me, suppressing another giggle.

“I’m so confused.” I muttered, scratching my head, hoping that no one would hear me.  

“Well it’s time for us to go.” Quinn mentioned while Austin and Michael stood up. “See you later, bud.” He winked in my direction and the three walked off, leaving me at the table confused as ever. 

***

I got to the dorm about ten minutes later and spread out on my bed, sighing loudly. It had been a long day, after all. I put my phone on the charger and glanced through the text messages.

From Mom:

Hi honey How is school? Text me asap

I Replied:

Okay Mom, thanks, I’ll call you later on.

Then I heard a slight BZZZ from the other side of the room. It was Quinn’s phone. I had let the sneaky side get the better of me, and decided to look at what the notification was. 

From Sam:

Awwwh! Someones got a cruuuush! Someones got a cruuush!

I snickered a bit at how his friend Sam was acting. I wonder who he was crushing on, maybe Austin or Michael or something. Maybe that kid Simon that Austin was rambling about earlier.  I returned to my bed and continued to scroll through my phone.  Later on, the three amigos walked in to the dorm with their books in hand.

“Hey bud!” Quinn smiled as he set his stuff on his bed.

“Justie!” Austin squealed from the other side of the room, as he ran over and hugged me dramatically.

“Hey, hey.” I choked out, barely being able to breathe from Austin's hug. Michael remained silent, weirdly enough.

“Tomorrow is game night!” Austin squealed again, even more high pitched.

“Game night?” I questioned, not knowing the usual routine.

“Yeah, it’s kind of tradition around here. You’ll have fun.” Quinn yawned from the other side of the room.  I nodded and smirked.  

“Truth or Dare!” Austin squealed again and I rolled my eyes slightly.

I guess I’d just have to learn to accept them.

-------

I hope you all enjoyed. I'm moving the Author's Note to down here now. ^_^ Please leave feedback in the comments!

Ooooooh! Truth or Dare! Who's excited? :P

Dedication goes to: ZeJared