Chapter 27: Death

I'm gonna die today. I can feel it since I'm weaker than ever before. I was in the hospital when the Soviets, Blossem and Hungary were in my hospital room.

"Blossem." I said. She took a step closer to me. "I still want ya to dress up as the Grim Reaper at my funeral. Try to live on without me, okay?" She nodded.

"I'll try." She responded. I looked at Belarus.

"Belarus. Take care of Lithuania, alright?" She nodded as well.

"I'll take care of big brother too." I looked at Latvia.

"Latvia. Remember to have fun, okay?" He nodded. I looked at Estonia. "Estonia. Try not to be so serious all the time, alright?" He blinked. I looked at Lithuania. "Lithuania, keep an eye on Belarus, okay?" He nodded.

"I will." He responded. I looked at Hungary.

"Hungary. Keep an eye on Blossem for me." She nodded. I looked at Ukraine. "Ukraine, look out for everyone for me, alright?" She nodded, starting to tear up. "Russia." I said to him finally. "I know it hurts, but I'll be back. In some way, shape or form, I'll be back."

"But I don't want you to go." He told me. I saw tears start to well up in his eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too, but ya gotta let me go. Take care, alright?" He kissed me. I kissed him back and I felt my own life slipping away from my body.

The next thing I knew, I'm in a place that looks like it's made entirely of clouds. I was wearing all white. I saw a man with a beard and in all white as well. He has holes through his hands and feet.

"Jesus?" I asked.

"Yes Tigress." He answered. "I am Jesus."

"Is this what Heaven looks like?"

"Yes. This is your new home."

"But what about Russia? And Blossem, and Hungary and the Baltics and all of them?"

"They will be fine."

"But Russia needs me!! He's got the mind of a kid!!" I randomly felt the urge to poke myself. I held up one hand and tried to poke the middle of my palm. My hand went right through me! I'm a ghost!! Then it hit me. If I tried going back, they wouldn't be able to see me. They wouldn't know I was there.

*****

It's been a month since my funeral. I've been looking down on Russia and Blossem and everyone. When we were younger, Blossem told me the only thing keeping her alive was me. Now she's got Hungary to think about. Prussia tried taking over Russia since I was gone and I couldn't do anything. He failed though. Jesus and I were looking out for Russia at the moment.

He was crying in his room. "Tigritsa, I miss you. I can't take it. I need you here."

"Maybe Russia needs you after all." Jesus said out loud.

"God. If you're listening, please, hear me out." Hungary's voice said. We found Hungary in her room, praying. "Tigris said she'd be back, but Russia's cracking and Viragzik's tried killing herself multiple times already. We need Tigris here." I could hear her start sniffling. "Please. Please, bring her back."

"It seems they all need you there." I nodded. I miss them too. Latvia's been drinking a lot since I died. Estonia hasn't said a word to anybody and Lithuania never left his room. Belarus carried him out sometimes but when she did, he wouldn't move or speak. He'd just sit there, staring down at the floor. She'd have to force food into his mouth to get him to eat. Russia took it the same way, but Ukraine didn't force the food into his mouth. I gave him my iPod before I died and he's been listening to Picture Perfect by Escape the Fate on loop whenever it still had battery. I heard him singing along.