The riot

~Alex PoV~
"Morning piper" I said as I stumbled out of my bunk and headed to the showers. I walked into the grimy and disgusting bathroom and got ready. "For fuck sake where is it?" I exclaimed as I fumbled around in my makeup bag to find my eyeliner pencil gone. I bet that meth head took it again and is sniffing it as we speak. "Here borrow mine" Mendoza said as she sat slapping gel all over her hair. "Thanks" I replied before finishing of and walking to the laundry. "Your 2 minutes late inmate" a guard said as I walked in "So what? Sack me" I snapped before folding some laundry. "Hey Vause" Nichols said as she emerged wearing her tool belt "the electrical department is that way" I chuckled before she walked of.

After work finished I headed to commissary to buy yet more disgusting things but I need them. I was paying when I heard a huge thud and loads of people scream, I shot my eyes over to the left to see hundreds of inmates running towards us and the guards "What the fuck!" I exclaimed before moving around the commissary cage and squeezing into the small gap down the side. I watched in horror as inmates kept charging down. I heard screams presumably from the guards. What on earth is happening?

Faye PoV
"Morning little guy" I said as I woke up next to Kevin's cot he was still asleep. I got ready and changed him before heading to the prison phone to see if I could somehow talk to Alex, I dialled Litchfields help line desk when a woman picked up "He-Hello" she mumbled "This I a inconvenient time to phone please try later" she said before screams echoed down the phone. I didn't think anything by it so I put the phone down and walked to the main area to sit and watch TV with Kevin. "We interrupt this programme with breaking news" a mans voice said as he interrupted us. The TV screen went over to a prison building, what I remember that it's Litchfield! "Multiple dead and injured as riot breaks out in Litchfield Penitentiary Prison" the reported said. The scene was chaos. People running all around with weapons. I could see guards dead in the background. My heart sank "Hey Marshall isn't that the place you came from?" A woman said as I sat next to her, I didn't respond I picked up Kevin and ran out the room and urgently tried to contact Alex.

~Back at Litchfield~
I was surrounded but luckily none of the rioters have seen me. I looked down and saw a small air shaft I cautiously pulled off the cover and crawled into the space. There was cobwebs all around me. I was covered in dirt. I came across a small hole in the air shaft and looked through, it was right above my bunk. No one was in here so I moved down to the entrance and kicked it open. I looked down and fell but someone's bed took my fall. No one was here at this point. I looked outside there was prison vans piled up at the entrance. "Oh my gosh Vause your here" Nichols said as she ran in the door with Stella, Red and Mendoza "What on earth is happening?" I screeched "That crazy Spanish inmate has caused a revolution and this is the outcome" Mendoza replied.

"What do we do?" Red snapped "We have to sit and wait. There's some safety shelter over on G wing where most of the prisoners are escaping to" Nichols said "We will never make it" I said "No matter who we are those crazy bitches will kill us if they find us" Mendoza said as she smashed a glass case and grabbed a fire extinguisher. We all turned and gave her a look "What? I'm not gunna sit here unarmed" She said and lifted the heavy metal canister. "Look we can take Alex's escape route to G wing?" Nichols suggested "Fine" Mendoza shrugged and threw the fire extinguisher causing it to explode. White foam went flying all over the room "Vause I like that look on you" Nichols said before bursting into laughter as she saw Alex covered in foam.

One by one the girls lifted each other into the small entrance and started crawling "Red hurry up" Stella ordered as she saw Red stopping "I'm trying" Red sneered before carrying on moving. As each crawl progressed a large noise of rubbing metal was heard "Alex what do you see?" Mendoza asked as Alex stopped to look through the small covering "There's people screaming down there. I see... Oh my gosh!" Alex screamed "WHAT!" The others screeched "It's Mr Healy. He's down there. He's bleeding" Alex whimpered "Don't look down there. Hurry up!" Nichols encouraged. They carried on crawling for a while before a large bang could be heard "What was that?" Mendoza muttered "That is the sound of a collapsing air shaft. Of which we are in" Stella said "MOVE!" Stella ordered.

"Where are we?" Red said as they carried in crawling "Somewhere over by E unit" Alex replied. Before anyone could respond the small cramped space they were in started to shake "Oh my god it's gunna collapse" Mendoza said. A almighty thud was heard and screamed erupted as the metal sheets collapsed, the girls plunged 10ft down "Ah fuck" Nichols exclaimed as they all landed on each other. Luckily they weren't injured, they stumbled do their feet to see about 20 armed inmates in front of them "He-hey girls" Nichols said nervously. They all started to approach Alex and the others. "You going to surrender?" One of the inmates said to Alex "Yeah sure cmon girls" Alex said before turning and winking at the others to suggest she's planning something.

As one of the inmates went to grab Alex she grabbed sharp piece of metal that was on the floor and chucked it at the woman. Blood came pouring from her arm "RUN!" Alex screeched. Mendoza, Nichols, Stella and Red turned and leaped towards an exit door. Alex soon followed them. Screams followed them as the angry inmates chased them in pursuit. "FREEZE!" Someone shouted as Alex and the others emerged into daylight it was a armed enforcement officer "Crap" Nichols exclaimed "HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD!" The officer ordered and they all raised their hands. "TURN AROUND AND LAY ON THE FLOOR!" He ordered another command "But it's dirty" Stella said "LAY DOWN" he shouted. It caused them to jump and without hesitation they jumped to the ground. "We didn't do anything wrong" Red pleaded as they were all lead away.