The Class Assignment-Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Harmony’s POV

                “Excuse me! Excuse me!” I shouted as I sprinted down the halls of school. I have 5 minutes left before the bell rings, and I still need to use my locker.

                There! I found it. Quickly going there, I typed my combination and I opened it. Only getting the things I needed, I closed it shut and locked it, and sprinted to class with only 3 minutes.

                I opened the door and sighed inwardly. Ms. Hendrix still isn’t here! I went to my seat and placed my things down. I felt someone tap my shoulder, and there was Talia, my bestfriend.

                “Hi girl! Good thing you came here before Ms. Hendrix did. Oh and, love the look!” I smiled widely at her, but then was confused. I was wearing a navy blue floral print dress that was sleeveless, green flats, my hair only in a headband and just lipbalm and powder for make-up.

                “Um, thanks!” She then transferred to the seat beside me, and we chatted for a while until Ms. Hendrix came in.

                As she was done calling mine and Talia’s name for attendance, we continued our talk when suddenly her eyes went past me and smiled. “Oh my god, am I imagining this? Is THE Daemon Heathers looking at you with interest?” she teased me.

                Wait, what? She really must be imagining things. I’m a nobody here at school, I’m not popular! So why would Daemon Heathers, school’s resident bad boy and player, look or even spare a glance at me?

                “Um, dear, you’re imagining things.” I deadpanned at her.

“No, seriously! He was looking at you with interest! I know!” She persuaded me.

                “No he wasn’t. You better get your eyes checked, dear.” She gaped at me like a fish and I laughed hard at her expression. Just as she was about to retort back, Ms. Hendrix cleared her throat.

                “Attention everyone!” she started with her sweet voice but with a “you’re-dead-if-you-don’t-listen-up” look.

                “Today, you would all have your assigned seats. And when I mean assigned, I mean no exchanging of seats no matter what your excuse is. I’m going to assign you first then explain what’s it for.” Talia and I exchanged longing looks because we know we won’t be together.

                Ms. Hendrix called out names, and finally I heard mine. “Ms. Abrams, you’ll be sitting with Mr. Heathers…here.” Pointing at the two seats in the right side of second row.

                My eyes widened at that thought. Oh god, I am so dead. I heard angry whispers behind from girls. They’d practically do anything just to sit beside him.

                We both sat down, him to my right. I didn’t look up from my desk to greet him. Hell, I’m too shy to even look at him. But I somehow felt him stealing glances at me. Or, I could just be imagining things.

                As we were all paired up, Ms. Hendrix then explained. “Okay, so the reason I paired you up is because I want all of you to socialize with each other. It’ll help you be more comfortable in doing your upcoming project. Now I’m going to give you strips of paper-randomly- and you need to present that task tomorrow.”

                Mutters of “Oh god”, “What the?!” and “Oh dear” were heard in the room, but she paid them no heed and started giving out strips of paper. My eyes widened at what she said, because she usually gives different kinds of activities to anyone.