Chapter One

Katie!" I hear a familiar voice yell from downstairs. A smile spreads across my face as I grab my coat from the bed, I then quickly make my way to the stairs, I see my best friend, Ashton, at the end of the staircase. I run down the stairs, careful not to trip, and I basically jump into his arms. 
"I missed you," I whisper, as I rest my head on his shoulder, my arms go around his neck. He chuckles and holds me closer with his hands around my waist. For the past couple months, Ashton and the boys had gone on tour, leaving me alone here in LA. And no, Ashton and I aren't dating. He's just my best friend. We met in the first grade and have been best friends ever since.

"We have band practice in, like, half an hour, you coming?" Ashton asks as I pull away from the hug. I nod and slip my coat on before heading outside with Ashton standing closeby. I find Luke leaning against the hood of Ashton's truck and I smile widely.

"Luke!" I scream, running to him and wrapping my arms around him before he even has a chance to say anything. 

"Hey, babe," He says. His arms wraps around my waist and he nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck. He presses a light kiss there. He pulls back and I allow myself to press my lips to his lips. "I missed you so fucking much, Katie," Luke whispers and I smile as Ashton climbs into the driver's side.

"Let's go, losers," Ashton calls through the window. Luke presses a quick kiss to my lips once more before I climb into the middle seat of the truck, Luke climbs in beside me. He grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers. Now Luke? Yea, he and I are dating. Have been for almost a year. And I have Ashton to thank for that. He introduced me to the band years ago, which is how I met Luke, and how I fell in love with him.

"The whole time we were on tour Luke, would not shut up about you, Katie," Ashton says, snapping me from my thoughts, smirking at Luke who just plays with his lip ring sheepishly. I smile and lean my head on Luke's shoulder, glad to be with him again.

***

"Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself,

I don't wanna stay, I wanna run away but I'm trapped under your spell.

And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,

And I'm having trouble catching my breath."

As we reach Ashton's house, I can hear the beautiful harmony of Michael and Calum. Usually, the practices are held at Ashton's. I climb out of the truck after Luke and grab a hold of his hand. I smile to him as we head inside. The song ends as soon as we enter the garage.

"Hey, Katie," they say when they see me and I give a friendly wave before flopping down on the couch that was in the corner of the room. Luke grabs his guitar as Ashton takes a seat next to me, running a hand through his honey blonde hair.

"How was tour?" I ask, fiddling with the hem of my sweater.

"Katie, it was amazing! Like- God,  I cannot even explain it." He starts and I give him a big smile. I'm so happy for them. Tour was what they needed to tell them how amazing they are.

"Well," I say, "I'm glad you had fun but please tell me it'll be a while before you go again," I look over at Luke, who's playing a random song on his guitar. Ashton chuckles and shakes his head fondly. 

"Don't worry, you have your boyfriend back for the summer," I laugh when Michael tells him to get his ass off the couch so they could practice. "We'll start with Amnesia," Calum says and they nod, beginning the song.

***

"I'm surprised she fell asleep," Luke chuckles as I stir in my spot on the small, uncomfortable sofa.

"Dude," I hear Michael exclaim loudly, "we should throw a party this weekend! Like...friday night." It's a random statement that earns laughs from the others. I groan and stretch my legs, hitting something hard in the process.

"Ouch!" I hear Luke exclaim as I shift into a sitting position. Luke is sitting on the edge of the couch, a hand massaging the area I had kicked previously.

"Sorry," I mumble as I run a hand through my messy hair. He rubs his thigh once more before looking at me.

"It's fine babe, I won't die," He smirks and Michael laughs from his spot on the floor. I yawn and take a look at my watch. 11:45. "Holy shit, how long have I been asleep?" I exclaim and get up from the couch. My mom is going to kill me."

"Ashton, can you drive me home please?" I ask and grab my jacket from the floor, slipping it on as he nods, getting off the couch. Luke sighs and follows Ashton and I outside. "I'm sorry for falling asleep," I say to Luke when we get to Ashton's truck. He smiles lightly and grabs my hand. "It's fine, I'll see you tomorrow?" I nod and press my lips to his, smiling when I feel the coldness of his lip ring. "After work though," I add when we pull away. He fake pouts but nods. "Okay, I love you." I smile and kiss him again. "I love you too," I say and get in the truck, waving to him as Ashton pulls out of the drive.

Thanks a bunch to DirtySeagull for editing this for me!!! It's amazing!! ❤️❤️❤️