New Kid

I was literally bouncing up and down with excitement as the bus pulled up to a yellow and black house. Pacifica had a friend over, so they were sitting together, but I didn't mind. Everybody stared in wonder as the new kid boarded the bus. I smiled at Bill's disguise, and my smile widened when I heard some girls oohh and aahh at him. Bill walked to the back of the bus, and sat next to me.

"Like my disguise, kid?" Bill asked me, smiling.

"Do you have any idea how the human body works?" I relied with a giggle.

"Of course I do, I know everything!" Bill pouted. "Now, tell me about our teachers."

"Okay, so first let me see your schedule," I ordered.

He took it out of his backpack, and handed it to me. When I looked at it, I smiled. He was right, we had all the same classes.

"Okay," I started. "So, it's day two today, so the classes today go English, Biology, Advisory, Gym, Spanish, Lunch/Band, Trigonometry, and US History I. Now, for the teachers...Mrs. B is nice, but the class is really annoying. Miss Dener is really energetic and loves her job. For my advisor I have Mr. S, it all depends on what letter your last name starts with."

"I made sure that my last name starts with an S," Bill interrupted. "Continue."

"Okay, Gym is next," I continued. "Mrs. Seral is really nice, but she can be really strict. Mr. Limos likes to repeat things a lot, but he is actually really smart. Mrs. F is a really great music teacher and she's one of my favorite teachers. We have lunch right before her though. Next is Mrs. Ploes, who is another one of my favorite teachers because she is so kind and she helps kids who need it. Last, is Mr. Senar. He is a very interesting teacher, but he's a lot of fun. And that's all you need to know about the teachers. Just follow me around and you'll be fine!"

Bill yawned and stretched.

"Thanks, Keychain," Bill said, and put an arm around me. "Or should I say, Kate?"

I hide my blushing face, and stared out of the window. I had just brought an insane demon who tried to destroy the whole world back, and here he was. He was just not doing anything, and seemed really happy that I was alive. Does he like me? Ha! I think not. I think that he just likes torturing me. But, what about me? Do I like him?

...I don't know...
***
When the bus rolled up, Bill nearly jumped out of his seat in excitement.

"Come on, Kate!" Bill yelled and grasped my hand. "Let's go and learn stuff!"

Wendy approached us as soon as we stepped off the bus.

"Wow, someone's excited to start school," Wendy smiled at Bill.

"You bet, Red," Bill replied. "Oh look! A door!"

Bill let go of my hand, and ran right into the door, laughing.

"Pain is hilarious!" Bill shouted gleefully, then preceded to run into the school.

Wendy turned to me in shock,

"Is-Is that-" Wendy started.

"Yes, it is!" I blurted out, then covered my mouth.

Wendy shook her head and sat on the ground in shock.

"Kate..." Wendy asked. "What did you do? Why did you set him free?"

"I-I don't know," I admitted. "I felt happy that he was gone, but I wanted him by my side. He seemed genuinely mad at himself for letting his minions harm me, even though it's just a scar. Please don't tell everyone."

Wendy looked up at me and gave me a small smile. "Your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks Wendy."
***
The school day went by fine. Everyone seemed to like Bill, and even a few girls swarmed over him. He liked the attention, but it seemed like I was the only one who he wanted to talk to. On the ride home, he was looking out the window.

"Kate, I know something." Bill started, turning to me with a grin. "This Winter Vacation, some people are coming to visit."

I knew exactly who he was talking about. "Great! I can't wait!"

Me neither, Kate. Me neither.