How to hit

Basic fighting requires enough knowledge to make fist and hit someone. But, making a good fist isn't all that simple. The easiest way to make a fist is to open your hand, roll down your fingers except for your thumb, and place your thumb under your index and middle finger.

When you are about to punch someone DO NOT try to make contact with all of your fingers. Only strike with your middle and index fingers as these are supported by your thumb to secure them in place.

Kicking is done in many ways. The easiest way to kick is to lock your ankle all the way down like you are walking on your tippie toes, but do not pull up your toes as this is a more advanced and difficult technique.

Kneestrike the easiest stike to preform. Just bend your knee, and drive into your opponent's stomach, groin, or other targeted region.

Elbow strikes are one of the most deadly strikes accepted in the martial arts world. To cause maximum damage open your hand until your palm is showing. Place your palm horizontal to the ground, and pull your hand towards your chest. This can cause someone to bleed as your elbow is very sharp in relative terms.

Please remember, self defense is a response to stimulus and should not be used aggresively. Please experiment with an experienced practitioner of some form of martial arts, as they will be able to physically show and help you.