Chapter Three: Rainbows and Butterflies

We arrived at our first hour, Equestrian History: The Three Tribes, right before the warning bell sounded. I looked around and took the first seat I saw, which luckily happened to be in the back of the class. Rayne and Cakes sat beside me. Rarity smiled and nodded, pleased that we were seated, then sat down in the front of the class.

Soon, two girls entered as the tardy bell sounded. One of them was tall and had short, rainbow hair that was in a naturally messy state and magenta eyes. She was wearing a light blue tank with a cloud and a tri-colored lightning bolt of red, yellow and blue, she also wore a pair of grey basketball shorts and blue converse. Her appearance was like a slap to our faces. Rainbow Dash!

The other girl was a little shorter than the first, but she has long, pastel pink hair with blue-green eyes. She wore a white and green tank dress, three pink butterflies sat on the left hip side of the dress. She wore green ballet flats and a blue and yellow basketball jacket that seemed to belong to Rainbow Dash. Her eyes were bright and soft as she hung on to every word that Rainbow Dash said. Both were smiling as they sat behind Rarity.

"And then he started crying like a little three year old girl." The Rainbow haired girl said.

"Oh! That poor, poor boy." The short, Shy seeming girl whispered. "He must feel awful."

"Yeah, well he shouldn't have messed with Pinkie like that. Did you know she spent the rest of the day crying in the girls bathroom?" Rainbow said.

"Poor Pinkie!" The Shy girl's face went sad as she thought.

"Pinkie?!" Berrie exclaimed.

Both girls jumped and turned to look at her and Rainbow's eyes widened in utter and complete shock at who sat beside me. Rayne glanced down and away from her twin, fearing the worst.

Rainbow Dash stood to come over, but the teacher entered the room. None other than the Chaos wielder himself, Discord. His white hair was in knots and his clothes were all mismatched. His brown shirt had one yellow sleeve and one  green sleeve. His pants were similar with a orange leg and a tan leg. He had on one shoe that was worn out.

"Good Morning, my dear chaotic class!" His laugh was cackles and his eyes gleamed yellow-red. He searched the class and his eyes settled on me. "Oh! It seems as if there are new students in my class. Celestia must have forgotten to inform me."

I looked right into his eyes and didn't let the attention bother me. Cakes waved like a fool and Rayne hid behind her long locks.

The Shy, pink haired girl turned and saw Rayne and her eyes widened in shock. She looked from her to Rainbow and back again. She watched Rainbow, whom told her, "I know," and looked away. This made Rayne jump up from her seat and run from the room.

"Rayne!" I called, then turned to Berrie. "Stay here. I'll get her." I walked down to the front of the class, eying Discord, who finally realized why I seemed so familiar. I turned my gaze to Rainbow Dash and shook my head, making her look away, then chased Rayne down.

I found her hiding in the bathroom crying even harder.

"Why?" She whimpered the one word. "She didn't seem like she cared about me. Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt her in some way? What did I do?!" She ended that last sentence in a scream.

"I'm sure she's just as nervous as you are. Remember she was shocked seeing you in the class." I paused and sighed. "It must be hard trying to reconnect with a 'lost' sibling..."

She hiccupped. "Yeah...... But what about you?" She looked through her hair at me.

"What do you mean?" I walked over to her, pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her.

"I mean, you have to hide the fact that your father is Sombra and your mother's completely insane." I froze at her words.

"I-it gets hard sometimes. Trying not to let them know. Celestia would...." I paused. "I don't know if I want her to know. She probably wouldn't take it well and just like everyone else, she would probably fear that I'll turn out just like my parents."

"But you won't... Will you?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said as Berrie ran in with our bags.

"Rainbow Dash is looking for you!" She gasped. "And we have three minutes to get to second hour!" She tossed us our bags and practically dragged us out of the bathroom and toward our next class, English.

"Hey!" I looked behind us as we rushed to class and saw Rainbow Dash with the Shy girl chasing us down. When she finally caught up, she grabbed Rayne's arm.

Rayne looked at her and Rainbow noticed the puffiness of her red eyes and realized that she was crying.

"Hey..." Rainbow said softly, wiping the tears away, making Rayne flinch. "I'm sorry."

"Why?" Rayne said, her red magenta eyes watered.

"I-.... I don't know. Dad never told me that you existed. All he told me is that Mom ran away." She paused. "I knew all along what she was and wondered why I wasn't like her."

"I always felt like half a person." Rayne spoke her words carefully. "I knew you existed. Mom told me about you and why we had to leave. The people of Cloudsdale were on the brink of killing of the last of our kind. So we all hid in caves that the Alicorns offered us. They kept us a secret from the people in ponyville." She stopped and looked down.

"I'm s-sorry that Dashie s-seemed so m-mean." The Shy girl spoke up. "I-i'm Fluttershy."

"Hi." She said. "I'm Rainbow Bite. But you can call me Rayne. Or Rainbite." She smiled slightly.

"Berrie Cupcake." Berrie bowed. "But you can call me Cakes." She smiled like a goof.

"Mystic Moon." I nodded my head. "Call me whatever you think you should call me. I don't mind as long as it isn't mean."

"Okay." Both Fluttershy and Rainbow smiled. "Call me Dashie. Everyone else does. We call her Flutters or Shy." Dash smiled as she took Shy's hand. She scratched the back of her neck. "We'll see you at lunch."

"Bye." Rayne waved and dragged us into class.