Chapter 1

She gripped the rim of the porcelain sink and tried to steady her hands.

"One last time," she whispered to herself.

One. Last. Time.

As she cut another scarlet line into her wrist. She knew she was lying to herself, she said it every time, but it was never the last.

The outside world new nothing of her "scarlet lines", as she came to call them. They would just think she was a freak. It was already hard enough trying to hide her bruises, not that she gave herself bruises, her parents took care of that.

The blood dripped down her left wrist, she put her hand under the water and watched as it slowly rinsed away until all that was left was a puffy pink line. she reached in her cabinet and grabbed a nude color Band-Aid.

"And now school," she thought with a grumble.

Reluctantly she walked over to her almost empty closet, her parents never bothered to buy her new clothes. It didn't matter anyways, no matter what she wore, she never talked to anyone at school. People had tried, but when she didn't talk back they soon stopped trying.

She grabbed her favorite jeans with holes in them and red converse. Next she put on her tank top with her black sweatshirt on top.

The sweatshirt that brought back memories,  she snuggled into it smelling the comforting smell.  Her father had given her this back when they were a happy family.

                           ****************
So this is just the start read and tell me what you think,  ideas for this book's plot, and errors. BTW this is my first book so its probably crappy.