The Green Frog Event

This is a true story about one of the greatest things that happened to me. All I remember is the green frog that changed millions of kids around the world, an infamous fight between children of Hatena versus the Nintendo company, and an app filled with stories of love, friendship, unity, bully, happiness, and downfall. This is my story of what I experienced in the past.

"To all who experienced the uprise and downfall of Hatena. I will never forget Tacha, H@ilfire, Epic, Scourge Boom, Thomas, Tori, Karla, Clever, Dawn, Fleesveon, HeroScarf, ZorroRojo, Rainbrony, Fred, Azuresoul, Kiwi , AlCapone, KaibaSnivy, Periidot, BosS, Brofist, 100%, and YU-GI-OH."

-Pisces-32

It's my 11th birthday, I was so excited of seeing my friends play laser tag with me. My team got 0 wins while the other got 5 wins straight. "How embarrassing." I said to myself. After a few hours, one of our cousins came in late in my party. I saw my cousin holding something small and I carried it and the weight was heavier than I expected. I put it on the floor and open the gift bag to see it. I expected trading cards but my sight was stunned. I can't stop looking at it and it was a DSi in a Pokemon Black version bundle. I screamed like no other, the box contained a DSi with Zekrom and Reshiram design, a charger, and the Pokemon Black Version game. So far, this was the best present I ever got in my entire life. I checked every app in it, but there was one app about animating, it was boring.

I put my username evilmaster with no caps. That was the 1st name I put in my DSi. I later changed it to PokemonFBI, and changed again on many countless times.

1 year later. I installed my wi-fi into my DSi with the help of my friend so he could give me Victini. I also got connection to Pokemon players around the world for trading and battling. One day, I got so board that I came back to the animating app. I found that button called Flipnote Hatena. I pressed it and it was a strange one. I pressed random buttons and found cool flipnotes with strange characters, Halo, Justin Bieber, Pokemon, and many countless stuffs. The only problem is, how could I post my flipnotes in Hatena?

After a few months, the DSi's system memory is getting low just because of downloading too much flipnotes. But one item solved my problem. While looking for stuffs for school, I found a square looking chip that says "SD Card" in it with 2 Gigabytes. My mind found the same words at the side of my DSi. I later put the SD card in the SD card slot. I transfered all my flipnotes in the SD card. "Solving this problem was like solving a jigsaw puzzle." I said to my brother.

After a few months, tons of weird flipnotes have a weird news. A bill that will stop all internet access including in our DSi. I forgot the name of the bill but I never forget of how the creators panicked. Although, the bill didn't pass. We all rejoiced and went back to normal.

After a few weeks, I decided to sign up to Hatena, I told both of my parents but they both said no. I got more than 50 fans in my profile and was exciting to see myself beeing a little famous without commenting or posting flipnotes.

After a year I told my parents if I can sign up to Hatena and they said yes. I used my moms gmail account and I was excited. I later then post my 1st flipnote but it was created by someone else. I renamed myself Pegazeus-X and some of my fans welcomed me.

After a few months, I post many flipnotes that were created by someone else and some of my creators got a little board of me. I also became a flipnote citizen, meaning that I can create channels for me and other people to post there flipnotes. I created 7 channels but not a lot try to post flipnotes in it.

One day, more than 10 creators changed everything of what I treat to almost everyone. The 7 creators posted flipnotes about My Little Pony. What I saw in their flipnotes was not the girly ones, most of them put blood and violence that made me impressed and I told myself a question that "Why do they like this?" A few days later, me and my brother took a risk of watching one show. We got into it and watched more of it. The embarrassing part was that my brother almost cried at the end of the 2nd part of the 1st My Little Pony movie. The 3 other creators made one of the most touching flipnotes I have seen. They gave all their animation skills to stop bullying in Hatena. It change many of the viewers' hearts, including me.