Chapter One

The blonde girl hands Jessica a paper.
     "It's pretty difficult doll, you sweet talk, play fight, talk all the time 24/7,  tell each other good morning, good night, take walks,give each other nicknames, H ah out with each other's friends, go on dates, talk on the phone all night long every couple nights, hold each other and hug and kiss and whoever falls in love first loses."
     "Hm, sounds simple enough." Jessica says.
     "Simple. Sweetheart, your going up against not only the hottest but the biggest player in school. Girls haven't won ever because of his heritage." Violin moans.
     "Well, it's better to have confidence than no confidence at all...besides I-" Jessica gets cut off by the student council president door open and close. When she turns around she meets a beautiful pair of blue eyes, brown hair, and freckles layered over top of pale skin.
     "You must be my competition. I'm Rike darling." He puts his hand out for her to shake.
     "Jessica." She says shaking his hand before he bends down and kisses the back of it.
     "Pleasure."
     "Charming." Jessica rolls her eyes and crosses her arms.
     "Alright you two, the announcement will be announced at the party tonight and the games will begin tomorrow." Violin says.
     Jessica raises her hand.
     "Yes Jessica, what is it?" Violin asks.
     "How long do the games last?" Jessica asks.
     "Usually most of the school year or if one of you admits to being in love." Violin answers. Rike then raises his hand.
     "What?" She snaps.
     "What if we have a girlfriend/boyfriend currently?" He asks.
     "Your bi?" Jessica asks surprised.
     "NO! The boyfriend part counted for you!"
     "Ohhhhhhh!" Jessica laughs nervously playing with her dark brown ponytail.
     Rike chuckles "it's fine."
     "The games haven't started."
     "What I can't be nice?"
     "You can't play with my mind you idiot." Jessica growls. Rike glares daggers at her.
Jessica glares right back silently.
     "Okay you two enough." Violin snaps "You'll have to let them know that your participating in this years lover games. You will be making out with another of the opposing gender."
     Jessica sighs unfazed by this.
    "Oh okay...so basically we have to-"
    "Breakup? Oh looks like pretty boy does have a brain!" Jessica mocks. Rike looks at her.
    "I will slap you."
    "And I'll laugh when you get put in juvie." Jessica replies placing her hands on her hips simply.
   "Annoying bi-"
   "RIKE!" Violin shouts. Rike stands at attention quickly. "I expect to see you both at the  assembly tonight."
    "No teachers?"
   "No, the teachers musnt know." Violin answers Jessica.
   "Oh."
   "Well I'll see you two later!" Violin says cheerfully and skips out of her office leaving Rike and Jessica alone.
    "In all honesty I'm kinda nervous."
    "And why is that?" Jessica snaps rolling her eyes.
    "Because the boys may end up losing this year." Rike chuckles. Jessica looks at the boy weirdly.
    "Excuse me?"
    "Well, you don't seem like the girl who will fall head over heels for a guy. You seem very unfazed by this and-"
    "We had the same games back at my other school." Jessica interrupts. "I won every year."
    "Oh..."
    The bell rings loudly and Jessica begins to walk out. When she's gone Rike sighs.
    "Oh man...the boys better forgive me because there is no chance for me..." Rike whispers. He walks towards the door and opens it. "Yep winning streak is dead for sure..." He says seeing Jessica practicing her flirting skills on one of his friends. She twirls her hair and bats her eye lashes.
     Rike facepalms "Why me..."