THE DREAM

RENAES POV

One month later

West and I were enjoying a picnic by the park as we often did on Saturdays. I was so happy everything was going according to plan.

My "baby bump" was huge and West didnt suspect a thing. He expected the baby to arrive anyday now. Werewolf pregnancies only lasted around three or four months.  

We made frequent trips to the doctor and the results were always the same, the baby and I were healthy. I drew the line when they asked us if we wanted to know the gender. I didnt know what the sonogram would show and I wasnt taking any chances. I convinced West to let it be a surprise and luckily he didnt protest.

"Ready to head home darling? I dont want you out to long now that our pup is due at anytime" West said smiling down at my large belly.

I nodded and he picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car as I giggled happily. I could never get tired of this man. He was perfect in everyway which is why I had to go through with this. I had to make sure nothing tore us apart.

When we arrived he helped me out of the car and carried me upstairs to our room and laid me on the bed gently. He took a pillow and placed it under my feet to make sure I was comfortable and slid in next to me.

All of a sudden I felt tired. It wasnt long before I drifted off to sleep. I had a strange dream, more like a nightmare.

(Dream)

"What the hell did you do to me!" shouted West angrily. "All these years I've wasted with you. You've been lying this whole time!" His claws and canines had extended. His eyes were dark as night.

"I did it because I love you! You have to understand West" I begged.

"I should kill you. I can't even look at you. There is no way in hell you ever loved me. How could you do this to me? To make matters worse you brought an innocent child into this shit. I could have been happy. Hell you could have been happy and you threw it all away and for what? Some sick fantasy?"

"Love West. What dont you understand? Its all I ever wanted"

"You could have had it. Now you never will" he said with such hatred I could hardly breath.

(End of Dream)

I woke up in a cold sweat gasping for air. My heart was racing and I thought it would jump right out of my chest. "Whats wrong love? Are you alright?" West said looking concerned.

"I'm fine. Just a bad dream" I told him. He still looked worried but he calmed down a bit. The next thing I knew my heart was racing again, my water broke.