Brothas Bestie (03)

"How many stars do you think are in the sky?" Dylan asked as he rubbed the back of your hand slowly and his head faced the dark, starry night.

You laughed. "I don't know. You should count them for me," you joked but noticed his head didn't move. You smirked. "Are you actually trying to count?"

Dylan stopped moving his thumb around on your palm and a smile appeared on his face. "If I could I'd buy you all of these stars and name them after you." You rolled your eyes before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You're cute, Dyl," you cooed and he finally looked at you.

"I try to be," he stated but as he stared into your eyes a moment passed between you two whickh caused chills to run up and down your spine. Not the chills you felt wen your were cold, but the ones you get when you realize someone else's feelings will be more important to you, than your own.

You fell in love with him.

During that quick moment, when he looked into your eyes, innocent of what he was doing to you, it happened. It all made sense now, and the thought of losing him brought a horrible, painful feeling.

You were in love with him.

»<3«

Closing the door so it wouldn't make a loud noise, you tiptoed through the hallway and up the stairs, finally coming to your room. You reached for the light-switch and as you turned on your lights you froze as your brother sat on your bed, staring at you. "What the hell?" You demanded, firstly wondering why the heck he was still up. Then reminding yourself no one in your house ever slept. What even was sleep? Your family didn't know.

"You're back pretty late... I'm surprised I didn't see pretty-boy-Floyd." He said narrowing his eyes at you. You removed the hand that laid atop your chest and scratched the back of your head looking for a reply to his odd allusion in your mind.

"He was tired?"

»<3«

The next morning was horrible to wake up to. You felt guilty, and you knew the reason why as soon as Dylan walked through your door and into your brothers bedroom. Curious as to what they were talking about, you crept across the hallway and leaned on your brothers door lightly.

"Seeing anyone?" You heard your brother ask.

"Not any that I like," Dylan replied. You opened your mouth and gasped, but not loudly so they could hear through the door. "Why do you care, man?" He asked and you bit your lip.

A moment of silence. "Because I don't know. My sisters running around with a dude I don't know and I swear he's probably some jerk trying to get into her pants. I told her high school romances don't matter but she doesn't listen to me. The only thing she does listen to me is about you." You closed your eyes.

"Me?" He asked.

"Yeah," you heard your brother pause. "She has seemed to move on from you. Every time she gets home, she gets so many messages from this kid name Walker, and I'm kinda—"

"Walker?" Dylan interrupted him and you knew trouble was coming your way. "That one in her grade? With the dark hair?"

Silence.

"Yeah." Your brothers voice interrupted your worrisome thoughts. "Like they talk a lot. And I guess he likes her—"

"Likes her?" Dylan's voice cut through, full of hurt but your brother kept talking.