Chapter 13

K, hello. Chapter thirteen, right here, at your door step! Thanks for reading, and BIG thank you to all my fans, from the newest like GermanSam (Who you should check out-her stories are amazing!), lilhottie, and crazywriter, all the way down to the very oldest, write4ever (LESS THAN GURSS!) And everyone inbetween. Thank you. Well, read on!

_________

~Ariel~

Light flooded into the room through the glass doors. A pinky-fawn sun shimmered above the ocean, and a golden glow spilled across the ground. Splashes of blue and white danced around Ariel's room as the translucent curtains swung in a light breeze that filtered through.

Ariel groaned at the sight of it, and rolled over. "Go away..."

Unfortunately, the sun refused to move, sitting firmly in the ever-paling sky. Ariel's moan of distress alerted Lolita, and the woman came bustling into the room. Ariels covers were jerked off of her, and she curled into a ball to block out the light. A firm finger poked at her side, and Ariel twitched.

"Stop that!" she wailed.

The poking continued, until Ariel scooted away, and toppled off the bed. "Oooooomph!" Ariel grunted.

Ariel spread eagled on the ground, eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"Not how you wanted to wake up, huh?" Lolita chuckled.

Ariel shook her head, and mouthed "Butt!" while making a pained expression.

Lolita studied her, confused. "But? But what?"

Ariel shook her head frantically, and gestured to her backside, still mouthing the word "Butt! Butt!"

"What?" Lolita studied her, confused.

Ariel used even more of a dramatic gesture, almost slapping her bum. She also continued to mouth "Butt!" Maybe it was because Lolita wasn't English, or Ariel just wasn't good at lip-syncing. Whatever it was, Lolita was slow to understand. After five grueling minutes, Lolita yelled! "Ohh! Butt! With two T's! Silly me!"

This moaned dramatically, and stood up laboriously. Her spinal cord felt like it was slowly unfolding, and her bruised tail bone screamed in protest as she straightened up. Her face crinkled as she scrunched up her nose in frustration. The blanket she had been half-wrapped in fell away like a cocoon, revealing her pink nightgown.

Lolita left out of respect while Ariel was changing, and Ariel straightened out her dress. She began to sift around the room for clothes. There were endless drawers of pants, skirts, and shirts, and rows upon rows of dresses hanging in the world's largest closet. It took her a few minutes to realize that Lolita had left a summer dress on the table. It was a simple ensemble, consisting of a dark blue dress, and white flip-flops.

Ariel slid them on, and wandered downstairs to grab some breakfast. The table was laid with scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, and some pink stuff she couldn't identify.

She sat down, and reached for the pink stuff. Picking it up, she stared at it curiously. Then she sniffed it. Eric watched her, an amused expression on his face. "That's lox... It's salmon."

She quickly set it down, and pushed it as far away as possible. Eric chuckled at her obvious dislike for salmon. She gently reached for the yellow stuff, and placed it on her plate. It looked rather interesting. Ariel picked up her dingelhopper apprehensively, and scooped some into her mouth.

It had a weird texture, but it was salty, resulting in a great taste. (A/N Sorry if you don't agree.) She shoveled more into her mouth, and chowed it down excitedly.

Eric laughed, and Ariel paused her frantic chomping. She was in mid-chew, and her face puffed up like a chipmunk's. "You like the scrambled eggs huh?"

Eggs? They were eggs? Surely not fish eggs. They were too big to be fish eggs, Ariel decided, and she nodded, then resumed her demoliton of the yellow eggs on her plate.

She reached for a long strip of wavy reddish brown meat. She broke off a piece, and popped it into her mouth excitedly. Her mouth exploded with flavor. It was smokey, savory, salty, and crunchy all at once. The grease enhanced the already-amazing flavor, and she crunched the rest of the piece down in excitement.

"That, Ariel, is Man's best creation... Bacon!" Eric exclaimed. She grinned.

Ariel smiled blissfully, and reached for another piece.

"Hey, Ariel... Careful now, don't eat too much." he warned her.

She glared, and threw scrambled eggs at her. "I thought we were done throwing food at me," he teased.

Ariel continued to glare, and stood up angrily.

Eric frowned. "Hey now, don't be like that. I was just messing around."

Ariel crossed her arms, but sat back down reluctantly. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out and have a picnic. We can have a little snack around noon, and then go canoeing."

Ariel shrugged and nodded, trying to look blase, but internally, she was struggling to keep a smile off her face.

3 O' Clock

Ariel and Eric traversed down the beach path tediously, and Ariel found herself wishing that she had decided to wear more reasonable shoes. Her navy blue dress fluttered lightly in the breeze, thin material hugging her legs.

She walked down carefully, knees bent and arms out. Eric laughed at her position, and mimicked her. He began to hop, when his foot landed heavily on a rock. He lost his balance, and lurched forward. Ariel smiled widely as his feet flew out from under him, and tumbled down the path. Ariel skittered down the hill after him.

He jumped up,and brushed himself off. "I meant to do that."

She raised one eyebrow, as if to say "Sure you did."

This was going to be interesting.

meant for this to be longer, but I didn't have enough time. We're going apple picking... So. Yeah. But when I get back, I'm going to make this chapter longer. I promise. I'm really sorry guys.

Love and always chocolate,

Li'l miss blue eyes